Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since so many of your babies seem to have the patella problem, etc. I thought you might want to know about this product: Paw Step Ramp from Solutions Catalog: SolutionsCatalog.com I know some of you have had your husband build steps; however, for those without husbands or for those with no mechanical ability, this item may be of some help:

Here is the link for the page where the ramp is shown:Paw Step Ramp - $99.50

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
THat is neat. I think if we got one of those, Caesar would just continue to jump on and off the bed. He loves to run and jump on the furniture...makes me worried about his knees later
(he will be 1 year the 9th). I try to lift him on and off the furniture but the little speedy ball of fur is usually already up on or down off of stuff before I can get there.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Dec 1 2004, 07:06 PM
THat is neat.  I think if we got one of those, Caesar would just continue to jump on and off the bed.  He loves to run and jump on the furniture...makes me worried about his knees later
(he will be 1 year the 9th).  I try to lift him on and off the furniture but the little speedy ball of fur is usually already up on or down off of stuff before I can get there. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19735
[/QUOTE]

You guys must have some daredevels! Bella can't jump onto anything and hasn't (yet) jumped off of anything! I'll just consider myself lucky for now!
We'll see what the future will bring! She might start to think she can fly before long

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Nicole, don't teach her!!

That ramp is in every catalog I get and I would have bought one already if I was sure Alex would use it. He is a runner and a jumper. There are also nice stairs. But the price is nice too. For now we are trying to catch him before he jumps. We are not always successful tho.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I use the steps that go to my "Firm" workout beside my bed...they are perfect for him to make that transition jump. I also moved his wooden house/bed (I posted pictures WAAAAY back) into our room beside our bed. It has steps that lead to the balcony part, so he uses that too. He has been sleeping on the balcony part of that house at night now instead of at the foot of the bed. I think hubby kicked him alot in the night as he was moving around. On that balcony part, he is right beside me, and I can reach out and pet him, but he is not ON our bed.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Nicolle916+Dec 1 2004, 07:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Dec 1 2004, 07:06 PM
THat is neat.  I think if we got one of those, Caesar would just continue to jump on and off the bed.  He loves to run and jump on the furniture...makes me worried about his knees later
(he will be 1 year the 9th).  I try to lift him on and off the furniture but the little speedy ball of fur is usually already up on or down off of stuff before I can get there.  

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19735
You guys must have some daredevels! Bella can't jump onto anything and hasn't (yet) jumped off of anything! I'll just consider myself lucky for now!
We'll see what the future will bring! She might start to think she can fly before long

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19736
[/B][/QUOTE]
Well when Caesar was younger he wouldnt, he was too scared. He also used to be too scared to come down the stairs by himself, we would have to carry him down and sometimes he would run up there and I guess forgot he can't come down alone and he would just cry at the top of the stairs and sit there
. Now he is a wild man up and down the stairs and on and off the furniture, especially when he is chasing/being chased by one of the cats. Now if we are at a place that has wooden stairs (ours are carpeted) he gets scared and wont go up or down and as I carry him on the stairs he tries to climb up as close and as high as he can on my shoulder
. I am glad he is hesitant around wooden stairs though, because those can be very slick with furry feet I bet!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Fantasia would NEVER climb those stairs! She would be too scared of the open spaces! She will need a ramp when she gets older though and I want to buy a fold up kind so it's not in the way all the time. Just when it's time for bed. The steps she has are good for now (has carpet). When John first made them for her she was scared of them and wouldn't use them. We had to help her out by putting a treat at the top of the steps and she cought on after a while. Now she tears up and down them so fast!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi would have no problem doing the open stairs. My apartment has open stairs so she is used to them. I'm always careful about not letting her stop in the middle of the stairs, so there is no danger of her falling.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 2 2004, 06:48 AM
I use the steps that go to my "Firm" workout beside my bed...they are perfect for him to make that transition jump<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19775
[/QUOTE]
That's what I use too! I covered mine with some fabric so they wouldn't look like exercise equipment... I such a lazy butt, I don't want anyone to know that my dog uses my exercise equipment more than I do!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Kodie's new bed has arrived tonight!! The only bad thing is... Kodie cant get into the bed without something to help him up... i was looking at the ramp posted ... $99 is cheep for a ramp? I thought that was alot of money for a plastic thing..haha.. anyway... I measured how high i need the ramp for and its only 10". That ramp on that web site is over 18"... so I guess i cant get that one..haha... if only they had one smaller... anyone have any ideas where I can get some kind of ramp for Kodie??

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Jan 13 2005, 04:02 PM
Maybe you can get a child's step stool (the wood ones that they use to get to the sink in the bathroom).  That can be like a step for him instead of a ramp.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29573
[/QUOTE]

if you look there are 2 parts to that ramp. Actually we saw that ramp when we were on our trip riding in the airplane in sky mall, you can buy the first attachment which is smaller than adding the second part of the ramp. Just an idea

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by BrookeB676+Jan 14 2005, 02:06 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-FannyMay
@Jan 13 2005, 04:02 PM
Maybe you can get a child's step stool (the wood ones that they use to get to the sink in the bathroom).  That can be like a step for him instead of a ramp.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29573
if you look there are 2 parts to that ramp. Actually we saw that ramp when we were on our trip riding in the airplane in sky mall, you can buy the first attachment which is smaller than adding the second part of the ramp. Just an idea
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29637
[/B][/QUOTE]
Which ramp are you talking about??

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Holy cow!
Paw Step Ramp $99.50
Paw Step Ramp Extension $59.50

To get the entire ramp in the picture you have to pay $159! Plus $10 shipping because $5 per part. That's $169! I didn't see that before. I would just make my own with stuff from home depot!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Dec 1 2004, 08:02 PM
Since so many of your babies seem to have the patella problem, etc. I thought you might want to know about this product: Paw Step Ramp from Solutions Catalog: SolutionsCatalog.com I know some of you have had your husband build steps; however, for those without husbands or for those with no mechanical ability, this item may be of some help:

Here is the link for the page where the ramp is shown:Paw Step Ramp - $99.50

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19734
[/QUOTE]
I bought a childrens step with storage for $29.99 at Target. It holds his brushes and ribbons and coats and he gets in and out of bed by himself! Thanks Target Dog!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts