Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering the pin brush and grehound comb everyone has talked about. NOw, I am going to order pet silk shampoo also. Do I get Conditioning or Moisturizing
Shampoo? I just want what is best for Sapper, and am having to slowly work my way to the best supplies before his adult coat comes in. LOL Any help would be appreciated.

Melinda & Sapper

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
You want both. I have the Moisturizing Shampoo and the Moisturizing Conditioner. Oh, I also recommend the Leave In Conditioner. It is great for daily brushing.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Since you are having a problem with matting, you might want to order the Bless the Beasts detangling products.

Chelsey originally recommended them and a number of us have tried them and love them!

We have an entire thread about them in the grooming section.

You can order from her website, but they are much more expensive (and are out of the fur polish pomade, I think).

QVC is still running their 3 pack special which is a great deal.

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%...ass=&Submit4=Go

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have used both the Pet Silk and Bless the Beasts, I personally prefer the BTB. The pomade is fantastic when used right after bathtime or just before brushing. I ordered mine from QVC also, shipping was quite fast.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Apr 6 2005, 11:57 AM
You can order from her website, but they are much more expensive (and are out of the fur polish pomade, I think).

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49646
[/QUOTE]

I just received the pomade in the mail two days ago with a note that it is back in stock

As far as the petsilk versus bless the beast. I ordered and have used both. I think it depends on the type of coat you have what you will prefer, but I am starting to lean towards the BTB also. I think that the scent lasted longer with the petsilk and at first it was my winner- but Phoebe's hair seems to be in better shape after one week with BTB. I am still testing

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
It's interesting how you have to find the right shampoo for each individual dog....
For example, Kallie does much better with Pet Silk and Catcher does better with Bless the Beasts. Their hair texture is quite different from each other. Kallie's hair is heavier and straighter and doesn't mat too much and Pet Silk works nicely.
Catcher has extremely thick hair that tends to mat and is light weight. The BTB helps with the matting. The pomade is a lifesaver.

Oh, and I've had to go back to the black #1 All Systems brush for Catcher. His hair is so thick that the brush with the white pad had some of the pins break and it didn't go through his hair as well as the one with the black pad. So, I do think a lot of this is trial and error, etc.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Let me add my voice to those who don't like Petsilk products (they made Sylphide mat even more than she was) and just LOVE the Bless the Beasts stuff! Sylphide hasn't been this silky and matt free since before her spaying!!! The pomade is pure magic.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I just ordered BTB system for Sapper and the #1 All System brish and greyhoun comb. Can't wait for them to get here and try them out on Sapper.

Melinda & who ya gonna try them out on mama?? Sapper

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry+Apr 6 2005, 10:32 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Apr 6 2005, 11:57 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49646
I just received the pomade in the mail two days ago with a note that it is back in stock

As far as the petsilk versus bless the beast. I ordered and have used both. I think it depends on the type of coat you have what you will prefer, but I am starting to lean towards the BTB also. I think that the scent lasted longer with the petsilk and at first it was my winner- but Phoebe's hair seems to be in better shape after one week with BTB. I am still testing

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49664
[/B][/QUOTE]
I tried to order BTB Pomade and it says there out of stock
Did you order from BTB website?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Does anyone know if the Bless the Beast products are vegan? Does that company do animal testing? I tried to e-mail them directly, but it came back as a "permanent failure" in the delivery.
Since I plan to have Little C's hair grow long, I need to start planning and preparing for matts. (Yeah, that cute short cut of hers is temporary--just cut to match her poor little legs.)

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
K/C's Mom, I agree with Jackie. The Chris Christensen Gold Series brush might be best on Catcher's coat. I used the All Systems brush on Lady for years and loved it. Lady also has a thicker, more cottony coat, especially on her chest and front legs. I never had any pins fall out though.

I have been using the CC brush for several months now and I love it. I wasn't sure at first, because I could feel a bit of a drag. I went back and forth for awhile to compare, but after 2 weeks I was hooked on the CC brush. It does a much better job on Lady's coat.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Dixie_Sapper@Apr 7 2005, 12:51 AM
Ok, I just ordered BTB system for Sapper and the #1 All System brish and greyhoun comb. Can't wait for them to get here and try them out on Sapper.

Melinda & who ya gonna try them out on mama?? Sapper
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49985
[/QUOTE]

I can tell you this much. I picked up my comb #1 All System greyhoun comb yesterday and just had to try it out. It was amazzzzzzzzzzzzing.
you will never miss a matt again and it goes through the hair so smoothly.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
After trying a huge range of different sham & cond.I absolutly LOVE Bless The Beasts !!!! Here to stay in our house...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts