Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Pet Silk or?????

2K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Ladysmom 
It's interesting how you have to find the right shampoo for each individual dog....
For example, Kallie does much better with Pet Silk and Catcher does better with Bless the Beasts. Their hair texture is quite different from each other. Kallie's hair is heavier and straighter and doesn't mat too much and Pet Silk works nicely.
Catcher has extremely thick hair that tends to mat and is light weight. The BTB helps with the matting. The pomade is a lifesaver.

Oh, and I've had to go back to the black #1 All Systems brush for Catcher. His hair is so thick that the brush with the white pad had some of the pins break and it didn't go through his hair as well as the one with the black pad. So, I do think a lot of this is trial and error, etc.

Originally posted by JMM@Apr 6 2005, 10:44 PM
K/C's Mom, if he has that thick of a coat you might like the Chris Christensen brushes if you ever feel like spending that kind of money on a brush LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49948
[/QUOTE]
I did get the CC slicker and like it a lot. Is there a certain CC pin brush that I should get? I'm willing to try anything.... his hair is so thick but not silky.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.