Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my order of Pet Silk products and had a question for those of you that are using it. The shampoo and rinse have a dilution ratio on the bottle but, on the instructions, it says to use a generous amount, sounding as if you are to use it directly from the bottle. Do you dilute the products and if you do, to what proportion. I already posted this somewhere else on the forum but realized that this is the correct place to post it. Anyway, thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I don't dilute mine, I just use a small amount and figure the water dilutes it as I was, I have thought about just adding some to a measuring cup and dilute it as needed. I love the stuff, it's great for the longer hair

·
Registered
346 Posts
I dont' dilute either. I have to agree, the best I have used for long hair. My fav product of theirs would have to be the Liquid Silk itself. A little goes a long way and keeps the coat in wonderufl condition

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the input. I gave my little girl a bath yesterday afternoon and I did dilute it, but can see where it really will work straight from the bottle. I have to say that her coat looks, feels, and smells great. Her hair is easily combed now and is not as "fly away" when she plays. The tear stain remover did not work as well as I expected but it did lighten the stains somewhat. Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
382 Posts
They smell so good after a petsilk bath. I haven't tried the tearstain product but will buy it on my next order. I swear by the MOM recipe for tear stains.

·
Registered
939 Posts
regarding dilution;

I am currently using baby shampoo (haven't received my pet silk yet).

I purchased a liquid soap "pump" that creates a foam. I put in one part shampoo to about 5 parts water and mix it gently. When you use the pump a foam comes out. I like this because I can't put to much shampoo in one spot or directly on the skin, it is also very easy to use with one hand. Rinsing is much easier because you don't have that concentration of soap.

I will probably do the same with the Pet Silk. You can always add more foam if you need it, but you won't put to much soap on the skin. I put the foam where the dirt is; face, feet, belly and if his ears are a little greasy I put it around his ears and neck also.

Hope this helps

Tiki's Mom

·
Registered
939 Posts
The foaming pump I have is from "baby magic" baby shampoo.... I used that until it was empty and now just refill/dilute it myselfr.

I do the same with those hand soap pumps for the kids... they also create a foam. My kids use much less soap when it foams, so I just dilute it myself and save a rew pennies. :D

Tiki's Mom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"The foaming pump I have is from "baby magic" baby shampoo.... I used that until it was empty and now just refill/dilute it myselfr." TikisMom

I was looking for the pump and found the baby shampoo that comes in what looks like what you're talking about - it says "Foaming Action" on the label. Does that that sound correct? How much do you dilute, if any?

·
Registered
939 Posts
The label on mine is "Baby Magic Extra Gentle Foaming Shanpoo" "instantly foams!" I used it as is until it was gone ----- it lasted a long time. When I refill it I do about a 5 to 1 ratio. This with the baby shampoo, you may have to experiment with the pet silk . If the foam is runny you have too much water. If it is to thick too much shampoo.

Tiki's Mom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am new to the maltese breed. We now have added to our family of 2 children and 1 lab a new 11 week old maltese puppy. He is just the cutest thing I have every seen.

My question is about Pet Silk products. Which shampoos and rinses from Pet Silk to you recommend? I have gone to their site and they have so many different products. I would appreciate your guideance.

By the way, I did go
out and buy the baby shampoo with the foam pump. Great idea.

Thanks for you help....I am really enjoying learning about these little guys. I'll be adding a pic of Teddy later.

Teddy's mom,
CJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome CJ,

After researching a bit I started with the Pet Silk Moistuizing Shampoo, Moisturizing Rinse and the Spray on Leave in conditioner. I think the Liquid Silk may be a good idea also but I am yet to purchase that. After seeing some very nice results with the above mentioned products I ordered the the Whitening Shampoo and Whitening Rinse, Tear Stain Reducer and Tear Stain Whitening Kit. The Whitening Shampoo does it's job, the Tear Stain Reducer works only moderately well and I can't get my little girl to quit squirming long enough to use the Whitening kit. Anyway, I've never purchased anything that really worked on the tear stains, the shampoos and rinses are great.

Don

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm using the conditioning formula and will buy the whitening when I need to reorder. The liquid silk is good. I use the MOM recipe for the stains and it works the best.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I apply the Tear STain kit with a toothbursh to Morgan's face and it works beautifully! A little practice and you will have it in no time. Be patient with yourself because the end result will be worth it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A Powder and a liquid, one is the "color", the other is the accelerator. I can't even tell you how happy I was with the results of it. (Directins are two scoops of each, I am only using one half scoop of each. I dont' need to be making a large batch of it.) Best thing I have used. I bought the reducer, was a bit diassapointed with it, course, that could just be me. So far I have loved EVERYTHING I have purchased and that has been alot of products. I refuse to use anything else now except the Pet Silk line. :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Guess I need to quit wasting time and order me some! Sounds good. I love the shampoo and conditioner that I have purchased. It is by far the best product I have found.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered my Pet Silk products! I am so excited to get them in and try them. I am growing out my baby girls hair again so I sure hopes this stuff helps with all the tangles!

·
Registered
346 Posts
It will help alot. I am noticing as the cooler weather is hitting here, the air is dryer and Morgan's hair tends to mat a little more than usual. Out comes the liquid silk, seems to help.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts