Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where do you buy the Pet Silk products from? I went to their site and did not find it to be very 'user friendly'. Also.. what products do you recommend? I see there are some recommendations within this post - but now that many of you have been using them for a couple months - I thought I'd check back in on your feedback. Thanks!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I purchase my Petsilk from : http://www.mjmcompany.com/ I use alot of different things, start with something basic, like maybe moisturizing shampoo & coniditioner and just go from there if you find you like what you are using from them. That's what I did.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those of you that have purchased these products before... can you tell me specifically which items you've purchased? I looked at the site and saw several options... Do I go with the one for fine hair designed for maltese or for white hair? What about the stain remover or the whitening kit?!?! So confusing...

~Fine Coat Shampoo - $6.95 (for maltese fine hair)
~Fine Coat Rinse - $6.95 (for maltese fine hair)
~Bright White Shampoo - $6.95 (for white hair)
~Bright White Rinse - $6.95 (for white hair)
~White Light Stain Remover - $9.95
~Quick Color Silk Whitening Kit - $29.95

Help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually, all of those items are fine, but you don't need to start out with all of them. I started with the moisturizung shampoo and rinse (never saw the shampoo and rinse for fine hair) and that works wonders. The whitining shampoo is harder on their coat and I wouldn't use it all the time. The White Light stain remover works but only at about 50% removal of the stain. The whitining kit is a bleaching application - don't get it in their eyes or let them lick it at all. I would start with moisturizing or "fine hair" shampoo and rinse, the spray on non rinsing conditioner for brushing and combing and the White light stain reducer. Use those for your regular bath times and then see if you want to add the others for those times that you want to "whiten" Shadow up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've used the whitning shampoo and condition on my 1 year old, Jasmine, and once on our new puppy, Chester. You need to be careful not to over use it every week as it will dry out the hair even with a conditioner. I have not used the other products yet.

Joanne, Jasmine, and Chester

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello!
I used my new Pet Silk products today and the results where amazing. My little 4 months old girl had pee stains since she got home. She didn't even look like a maltese because her hair was beige all over. Now she looks great. Her legs are pure white and her hair looks amazing. I used on her the whitening kit (I suggest you use latex gloves) and the tear stain remover. The tear stain is mostly there, but I didn't expect it to dessapear with just one use.
I followed the advise to buy the foaming pump and it works great. I bought Dial Complete Foaming Hand Wash which was half the price of the Baby Magic Wash. I diluted my shampoo and conditioner about 5-1 because I didn't want the product to be too runny. I put the conditioner in a spray bottle and I loved it because I don't have to be rubbing and spreading the product on the hair. I just spray and know every part has been conditioned.
Now my little girl looks and feels great. She's very happy. I recomend the products to everyone. I will get back to you about the tear stains.
Good day.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts