Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been surffing the web to purchase Pet Silk products.
More web sites than I would have thought.

If you order Pet Silk products on line, please forward me the web site address.

Thanks,
Puddles and Mom

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lexi's Mom and Mystify79 for your reply. Going to check the sites out now.

Maybe I can luck up on a starter kit or something like that.

Puddles and Mom

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just going through the posts and came across Pet Silk web site question?? (I thought I knew about all Maltese related products but always something new to learn). Forgive my ignorance, but what are Pet Silk products and why would I want to order them? This site is wonderful, so informative without being censored!! Love it!....
Thanks,
Gigolo's Mom

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
PetSilk products are grooming products (shampoo, conditioner, whiteners, etc.) I have been using them on Lexi since April and think they are great. Her hair is silky, soft. Everyone that pets her comments on how soft it is. They do not cost much more than what you would pay for shampoo at PetCo or PetSmart.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Sep 13 2004, 02:37 PM
PetSilk products are grooming products (shampoo, conditioner, whiteners, etc.)  I have been using them on Lexi since April and think they are great.  Her hair is silky, soft.  Everyone that pets her comments on how soft it is.  They do not cost much more than what you would pay for shampoo at PetCo or PetSmart.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9060
[/QUOTE]

So I checked out the MJM company website for Pet Silk products and of course now more confused than ever! Probably would try the "Brite White Shampoo" and Conditioner but would consider trying either "Liquid Silk" or "Silk Sheen" and not sure which is better or how they are different in achieving shine & luster.

Gigolo has beautiful hair (one of the first things I noticed about him at 6 weeks old). When I bathe him he looks fabulous...then 2 days later the hair on his ears appears to separate (I guess get more oily??) Any info on the above products or alternatives would be appreciated as I'm running low on the current product that I use which is the Drs Foster & Smith Brite White shampoo & conditioner ..which does smell great!!
Thanks,
Gigolo's Mom

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I know it can be confusing. PetSilk has so many products!

I use the Liquid Silk on Lexi. It makes her hair extra soft and silky. I haven't tried the Silk Sheen so I can't tell you anything about it.

I do use the Bright White Shampoo. You should only use it like every 4 baths if you bath weekly. Otherwise it can dry out the hair. I usually use the Moisturizing Shampoo, then if I am using the Bright white I shampoo a second time with that, and then I condition using the Moisturizing Rinse. I try to leave the conditioner in for 3-5 minutes.

When I bathe him he looks fabulous...then 2 days later the hair on his ears appears to separate (I guess get more oily??)[/B]
Not sure what can cause this. You could try using a leave in conditioner between baths when you brush him. Not sure if that would help though. I use PetSilk's Leave In Conditioner

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You guys are sooo PetSilk Crazy that I'm going to try it myself. It costs the same as what I'm using anyway! haha

Does the Liquid silk make their hair greasy or oily?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Gigolo's Mom+Sep 14 2004, 11:20 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Sep 13 2004, 02:37 PM
PetSilk products are grooming products (shampoo, conditioner, whiteners, etc.)  I have been using them on Lexi since April and think they are great.  Her hair is silky, soft.  Everyone that pets her comments on how soft it is.  They do not cost much more than what you would pay for shampoo at PetCo or PetSmart.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9060

So I checked out the MJM company website for Pet Silk products and of course now more confused than ever! Probably would try the "Brite White Shampoo" and Conditioner but would consider trying either "Liquid Silk" or "Silk Sheen" and not sure which is better or how they are different in achieving shine & luster.

Gigolo has beautiful hair (one of the first things I noticed about him at 6 weeks old). When I bathe him he looks fabulous...then 2 days later the hair on his ears appears to separate (I guess get more oily??) Any info on the above products or alternatives would be appreciated as I'm running low on the current product that I use which is the Drs Foster & Smith Brite White shampoo & conditioner ..which does smell great!!
Thanks,
Gigolo's Mom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9139
[/B][/QUOTE]

Brinkley's hair does this too. It is so fluffy after bath, and by the end of the next day, it is more like what you describe. But I wouln't call it oily. Sometimes a good brushing helps, but not like a post-bath blow dry etc.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
The liquid silk doesn't make the hair oily. It just makes it really soft.

tlunn & Gigolo's Mom: Have you tried the PetSilk No Rinse Shampoo? I haven't tried it but it sounds like it might help you inbetween baths. Here is what they say about it on the website:

No Rinse Shampoo

This is the quintessential daily grooming aid ...

Use this unique PetSilk product for touch-ups between baths, for keeping faces clean and for cleaning up accidents. This useful shampoo does not need to be rinsed out.

No Rinse Shampoo
$8.95[/B]

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Sep 14 2004, 02:21 PM
The liquid silk doesn't make the hair oily.  It just makes it really soft.

tlunn & Gigolo's Mom: Have you tried the PetSilk No Rinse Shampoo?  I haven't tried it but it sounds like it might help you inbetween baths.  Here is what they say about it on the website:

No Rinse Shampoo

This is the quintessential daily grooming aid ...

Use this unique PetSilk product for touch-ups between baths, for keeping faces clean and for cleaning up accidents. This useful shampoo does not need to be rinsed out.

No Rinse Shampoo
$8.95
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9160
[/B][/QUOTE]

I may try that. I plan to do a petsilk purchase sometime, but hubby says I have 5 shampoos in there for the dog, and I don't need to get anymore. He is right...he he. I have found that my conditioner works great on him, so I stopped stressing about that. I bought the "sheer blonde" they have at walmart and other drug stores. The shampoo and conditioner are great. They also have some finishing products I like.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
haha! I just bought the brillantly brunette shampoo & conditoner for myself. It is made by the same company I think. So far I really like it. I am thinking of getting some of there styling products when I run out.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Sep 14 2004, 04:33 PM
haha!  I just bought the brillantly brunette shampoo & conditoner for myself.  It is made by the same company I think.  So far I really like it.  I am thinking of getting some of there styling products when I run out.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9172
[/QUOTE]

It is the same company. My sister uses that.
I love the shampoo and conditioner for my daughter and me.
She is four and her hair is long and THICK! She hates for me to brush it etc. The conditioner is so good to help with the tangles, and they have a high gloss detangler stuff too that is great for her. It is somewhat greasy like though, so you have to really watch how much you use. A little goes a LONG way. Anyway, good stuff in my book.
Anything to help with Emily and I getting off to a good start in the mornings. I got to where I DREADED doing her hair everyday. She was such a whiner about it. It was not like I MEANT to pull, but you gotta get the tangles out. This stuff was a life saver!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Liquid Silk is not a conditioner. It just makes the hair softer and silkier. The Leave In Conditioner is as the name says a conditioner. It is a detangler. I use it any time I am combing Lexi's hair. I only use the liquid silk after her bath but I think you can use it in between to. You just have to be careful not to use too much. I think if you did the hair might look greasy looking.

Here is what it says on the site for Liquid Silk:
With a unique and unchallenged professional formula Liquid Silk adds instant luster, manageability and a smooth texture without added weight.  Restores life to dull, damaged or dry coats and skin. Eliminates static fly-away hair. Prevent mats and tangles when used regularly. Instantly improves moisture balance, elasticity, shine.[/B]
Here is what it says for Leave In Conditioner:
This is the perfect grooming spray ... use whenever you brush.

It is unsurpassed as a detangler / moisturizer before and during blow drying.  This pleasantly scented PetSilk mist is formulated to repair and revitalize the hair without weighing it down.  Contains silk extracts and natural herbs to condition and protect damaged hair instantly. Prevents build up of static energy and leaves a beautiful, natural shine.[/B]

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I got the Pet silk product yesterday! I got the shampoo, rinse and leave-in conditioner. It was ok to me. I really like the smell though. With the cost of shipping, it costs the same as any other petstore. I like my Bio-groom products just the same. I think with petsilk, because it's thicker, it will probably last longer. I think next time I make a purchase, I'm going to order the Liquid silk to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Just wanted to change my mind on how I feel about Petsilk. I LOVE IT! The secret (don't know if it's a secret, but it was to me) is to leave it in for a few minutes and totally massage it in. Aim for 5 mins or longer for both shampoo and conditioner. They smelled so good for days even without using the leave in conditioner everyday. And they stayed so soft I want to use my babies as my pillow!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 16 2004, 09:59 AM
Just wanted to change my mind on how I feel about Petsilk.  I LOVE IT!  The secret (don't know if it's a secret, but it was to me) is to leave it in for a few minutes and totally massage it in.  Aim for 5 mins or longer for both shampoo and conditioner.  They smelled so good for days even without using the leave in conditioner everyday.  And they stayed so soft I want to use  my babies as my pillow!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12126
[/QUOTE]

i was curious, what do u guys do while u wait till 5 minutes has past after applying the shampoo and conditioner?

do u keep massaging the shampoo?

just wait and do nothing?

i usually become so impatient while im waiting i just wash the shampoo/conditioner right away

i cant wait for 1 min and i just rinse them all out real fast...do u guys really wait for 5 min..? what do u do while u wait??

1 - 20 of 127 Posts