Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone used the Pet Silk no rinse shampoo? I'm interested in ordering it to clean my baby between baths, specially around the mouth and the neck.

Let me know if you have tried it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Marquela@Dec 1 2004, 09:11 PM
Have anyone used the Pet Silk no rinse shampoo?  I'm interested in ordering it to clean my baby between baths, specially around the mouth and the neck.

Let me know if you have tried it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19739
[/QUOTE]

Hi, I bought some no-rinse shampoo from Pet Edge but it isn't the Pet Silk brand. It is a brand called Pure Pet. I have been unable to find no-rinse shampoo by Pet Silk.... let me know where you found it.

The brand I have is not that great. I was planning on using it on the face only as that is the part that gets the dirtiest. It sort of freshens them up but doesn't really do a great job of cleaning at all.... it is better than nothing I guess, but not that great. However, the Pet Silk brand may be better......

·
Registered
499 Posts
No, it isn't any better. I bought a small bottle thinking to use it on the mustache but it doesn't work very well. Left the fur kind of coated. What works better for me is to spray Quincy's mustache with water from a spray bottle, blot it dry with a towel and then spray Pet Silk leave in conditioner and comb it through. Comes out much fresher. Save your money.
Quincymom

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have the small bottle of PetSilk No-Rinse Shampoo...and so far, I like it. It is def. not as good as a real bath...but works great for a quick clean up. It got the Thanksgiving meal off of Brinkley's chin and head...as it looked like he buried himself in the plate of food...it also removes some dirt/mud from his feet when we were traveling and the places to potty were muddy. I sprayed it pretty heavily and then used a wet washcloth to lather it up well....then combed through the places. His feet were still lightly stained, but fresher and better...it def. worked until I could get him to a real bath.
Maybe try the small bottle and see. Then you are not out much. It does smell good.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Dec 1 2004, 11:01 PM
No, it isn't any better. I bought a small bottle thinking to use it on the mustache but it doesn't work very well. Left the fur kind of coated. What works better for me is to spray Quincy's mustache with water from a spray bottle, blot it dry with a towel and then spray Pet Silk leave in conditioner and comb it through. Comes out much fresher. Save your money.
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19751
[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the leave-in conditioner? I couldn't find it at Pet Edge.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I bought all of my Petsilk stuff at :

mjm-petsilk.com

I don't know if they cost more than Pet Edge, but they carry the entire collection, they do have specials, and when I e-mail them with questions they were quick to respond. I asked about their colognes and how they smelled before I ordered any, and they answered back with a really honest appraisal. I ended up ordering the sample set of 4 of their "lightest" colognes and was happy with all four. (I hate smelly perfume). They also ship promptly.
Quincymom

·
Registered
499 Posts
"sprayed it pretty heavily and then used a wet washcloth to lather it up well....then combed through the places"

this was too much work for me--lol! That is why I used a little water and the conditioner---really quick and less messy. (no tangles either)
Quincymom

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Dec 2 2004, 07:47 AM
I bought all of my Petsilk stuff at :

mjm-petsilk.com

I don't know if they cost more than Pet Edge, but they carry the entire collection, they do have specials, and when I e-mail them with questions they were quick to respond. I asked about their colognes and how they smelled before I ordered any, and  they answered back with a really honest appraisal. I ended up ordering the sample set of 4 of their "lightest" colognes and was happy with all four. (I hate smelly perfume). They also ship promptly.
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19781
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the info!! Much appreciated....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I also got mine at MJM-petsilk site...be careful though...there is SO much to choose from...it can be overwhelming..I really had to limit myself!!!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
In the past, before i got the no-rinse shampoo...when I needed a quick clean-up...I would get a washcloth and put a dab of shampoo in it...the puppy kind...and then re-wet it and wring it out, to help distribute the small amount of shampoo through the washcloth...then I would scrub with that...and not rinse it out...it didn't really make much of a lather, but was enough shampoo to spot clean without leaving residue to irritate. It never bothered Brinkley anyway...this was helpful when he jumped up on the table to finish off the kids' ravioi's or spaghetti...always something that STAINED his face something awful..on a night that I DID NOT have time to give him a full bath!!! Of course!
Anyway...I bet you could make your own quick-fix shampoo by diluting the petsilk down to mostly water...and accomplishing the same thing. I don't understand how the rinseless is "rinseless" and it still lathers up?! But, it doesn't bother him any either.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts