Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 1 large and 2 small. I use the small for the window that looks to the front yard and the car sometimes (we have an Expedition and gruffi gets scared to go into the car). and the large---i use for my bed. the bed isnt even on a frame....and its really high. gruffi even uses the stairs! lol.

here's an ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4304314058&rd=1

and this is their site...but its not working right now:

www.petstairs.net

i have tried posting this on MO soo many times. There are other types of pet stairs...but a little more expensive. And the ones from petstairs.net are really light

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...=1&N=2001&Nty=1

***anyway, its best to use pet stairs than to let your dog jump off the bed or any high surface. and at drsfosterandsmith---they have ramps for dogs with hip problems.

i hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
hi doctorcathy,

I've been looking to get one. I figure it's really convenient if Paris needs to pee when I'm napping or something (i usually put him in the bed with me so I can keep tabs on him.)

so the large works well for you? can you tell me how tall your bed is so I can get an idea?

thanks,

Paris' Mom

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bed is really tall. its new, its a king with a boxspring---and no frame. its higher than when i put my queen bed with a box spring with a frame. its really high. anyway, the last jump for the dogs is a little high, but its not too bad.

if you put it up against the couch,theres still like 6 inches to jump. it looks like they're not selling the petstairs anymore. it sucks because they're soo convenient. i can tell you that they're made out of that green foam from Joannes. its really really expensive, but at least you can make it custom to how you want it. and then the cover is made out of cloth, and it has a tie string on it. i'll definitely take measurments of the foam and take a bunch of pics of the cloth.

i should tell casey to make them and sell them.
my mom could probably make the covers. i'll tell you how it goes if we try making them.

Costs $90!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My bed stairs...FREE!

Ha Ha.

I put a small suitcase next to the bed...the hard-sided...rolling kind....It was the perfect heigth for him to be able to jump onto our bed. But he is bigger than some of your babies...and a very good jumper-upper! Martha Stewart would probably frown upon it's decorative value...BUT...it works for us! Noone really comes in our bedroom anyway, and it is on the backside (my side) of the bed, so unless you walk around, you cant see it anyway.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
after going thru a lot of trouble trying to make my own petstairs at school (i have a thread somewhere too in this forum) i finally gave up and just used shoeboxes and they work terrific !!

the boxes are kinda slippery so i covered them up with a old pillowcase i dont use ,so its not slippery anymore..

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
:ph34r: I'm a little embarrased to admit what I use for a pet stairs cause I have to admit just how lazy I am, but Tuffy uses these workout steps that I bought for me. :lol: I just never got into the step workout and they are the perfect height for him to get off and on the bed so at least they aren't gathering dust in the basement
I even covered them in fabric so nobody would know what they were in their previous life. :ph34r:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@Sep 25 2004, 04:23 PM
:ph34r: I'm a little embarrased to admit what I use for a pet stairs cause I have to admit just how lazy I am, but Tuffy uses these workout steps that I bought for me.  :lol:  I just never got into the step workout and they are the perfect height for him to get off and on the bed so at least they aren't gathering dust in the basement 
  I even covered them in fabric so nobody would know what they were in their previous life.  :ph34r:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9982
[/QUOTE]

Hey, I have some of those too...from "the firm?"
Although, I do use mine sometimes....but they would take up less floor space than the suitcase I am currently using..ha ha. I may try it today and see if he uses it. I know the heighth should be fine. What a great idea! Thanks Tuffy's mom!!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Sep 26 2004, 09:56 AM
Although, I do use mine sometimes....but they would take up less floor space than the suitcase I am currently using..ha ha. I may try it today and see if he uses it. I know the heighth should be fine. What a great idea! Thanks Tuffy's mom!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10005
[/QUOTE]

Yep, they are from the Firm! :ph34r:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79+Sep 26 2004, 03:21 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Sep 26 2004, 09:56 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10005
Yep, they are from the Firm! :ph34r:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10027
[/B][/QUOTE]

That thing kills me!
I only do it occasionally b/c I HURT SOOOOO bad for 3-5 days afterwards!

After a few weeks, I forget the pain and try again...and then remember why I quit. Probably would help if I did a little at a time...but I do both steps and full out...probably why I can't even sit on the commode for 3 days without holding onto the wall and lowering myself down.... :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Sep 26 2004, 04:12 PM
That thing kills me!
I only do it occasionally b/c I HURT SOOOOO bad for 3-5 days afterwards!

After a few weeks, I forget the pain and try again...and then remember why I quit. Probably would help if I did a little at a time...but I do both steps and full out...probably why I can't even sit on the commode for 3 days without holding onto the wall and lowering myself down.... :ph34r:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10034
[/QUOTE]

Too funny!! I can barely get out of bed after doing one of the workouts!

·
Registered
43 Posts
So here I am getting all excited about portable/lightweight stairs only to find out that they aren't available any longer!! When my previous maltese, Geronimo, was alive, I even considered having a carpenter make the stairs and even had a large strip of carpet that I was going to use to cover the steps to match my bedroom! I guess we all have the same problem that our malts can't jump up on the bed, although I distinctly remember one time that I accidently threw the covers off and geronimo became "airborn"!! Although Gigolo is still sleeping in his crate, we have been practicing keeping him on the bed for a nap or just hang out to watch TV...He loves it and since he is almost 7 mos. has appeared to have mastered the depth perception aspect..you know the bed doesn't go on forever!! He's the total opposite of Geronimo who never liked being under the covers .....this one is happy to lie on top of the pillows (they all like to be up high!!) with the covers over his head...doesn't move a muscle.....I actually got off the bed, went into the kitchen and came back to find him in the same position...too funny!! Getting back to the stairs, guess I will either keep looking or revert to the styrofoam.....too bad the other stairs appealed to me in every way!!
Gigolo's Mom

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had emailed the seller on eBay who had sold earlier in the year. She said she does have stock..(had taken it off eBay due to lack of response. ) Told me that I could order directly from her or wait until it comes back on ebay. Awaiting further measurements as my bed is high and Gigolo is so small...Want to make sure that he can get to the top of the bed from that top step!
He had his second grooming on Saturday and the groomers can't believe that he is 7 mos old and so well behaved!! He's a keeper!

Stay tuned
Gigolo's Mom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts