Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has heard, but our local Petco, which had just been remodeled and reopened, was destroyed during a gas explosion this morning. They don't know yet if anyone was killed, but several people who were there were taken to the hospital. They are still searching the rubble for people. The local ASPCA which is very close, has been told that there are a great number of small animals and fish. They do not know if there were any pets in the grooming area, which was very large. I can say that the grooming facilities there are popular, I just hope they weren't busy today. I also hope that everyone makes it out safely.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
omg thats horrible. i hope everyone is ok, and all the pets are safe too. they will all be in my thoughts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
:eek: That is awful! I sure hope nobody was seriously injured!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
That is horrible. I hope everyone's ok.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
That is awful! Have you heard any updates?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Wow that really awful, one of those things you hear about happening but next expect to happen close to home.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what I have heard on the news, five people were taken to the hospital. There is still no word on any of the animals, or how many and what kinds were there. I can say from having been there yesterday, they had a beautiful cage full of exotic birds in the center of the store. There are thousands of different kinds of fish and lots of lizards, reptiles, hamsters, guinnea pigs, and I think ferrets too. It is really a shame. Last I heard they still weren't allowing the SPCA in to look for animals because it was just too dangerous. The building was completely leveled. The highway was reopened about an hour ago, but the road which runs behind the store was still closed. That road is our normal route home from school...needless to say we stopped at that PetCo almost daily.

·
Registered
522 Posts
That's so sad. I am sorry for those employees and their families. Hopefully their recovery will be speedy. Bless those little critters running around, I hope they get help and feel safe soon.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
wow, crazy story, i wish the best for all people and animals involved

1 - 16 of 16 Posts