Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PHEW! That other Petsilk thread is a trillion pages long!

Anyway, I ordered 2 petsilk sets--the Rainforest Set and the Clean Scent set. Now, Tlunn recommended Clean scent (somewhere) and she had OODLES of compliments. I ordered the Rainforest scent because on MJM, they said it's their most popular scent. I hope it doesnt smell nasty! Has anyone used Rainforest?

Besides the whitening system, have you tried any other scents? Since you can dilute these like crazy, it may take me a minute to use it all (even though 1 set is a gift), but I'm just curious. Mystify79--I KNOW you can help me out on this!

What's your favorite? And which ones are P-U!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW...Ya'll aren't the adventurous type, are ya? You haven't tried ANY other scents?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Of all the Petsilk stuff I've tried, my favorite, favorite smell is the Leave In Conditioner.. it smells so yummy and totally conditions their hair, it's a great product. I'm not too into really strong scents so this one is just light, fresh and clean.. anytime I want to freshen Tuffy up, I spray this all over him.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I bought four of the Petsilk colognes, (came at a special price), I bought, Babygirl, Babyboy, Prince and Princess. They are all really light, but my favorite is the Babygirl. Both of my boys wear it. They are very in touch with their feminine side.
Quincymom

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Dec 16 2004, 03:14 PM
I bought four of the Petsilk colognes, (came at a special price), I bought, Babygirl, Babyboy, Prince and Princess. They are all really light, but my favorite is the Babygirl. Both of my boys wear it. They are very in touch with their feminine side.
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23830
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Dec 16 2004, 04:14 PM
Quincymom
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I wondered about those. They put those on special alot....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I GOT THE PETSILK TODAY! They both smell so good! I can't decide which one I want! LOL I think my sister and her bf will like the clean scent better. I think I'm going to switch the colognes so we can have both scents. The rainforest is the "professional set" LOL. Don't know what that means. I can dilute the conditioner for the rainforest 36:1! I will never have to buy them shampoo/conditioner EVER AGAIN! HAHHAHA. I love how the scents arent too strong. If the scents were too strong, it would stink. It's so light, it's so perfect.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lani--I have the whitening system, rainforest, and cleanscent. They all smell different. Whitening system has a floral scent. Cant really describe the other 2. LOL. There's something very common about them...it is the same Co. lol. They all have a touch of scent, which is fantastic.

Some of you ordered from MJM before. Did you guys ever look at their brochure? It shows the pH levels of most of their products. It ranges from like 3 to 8.5. I thought the more acidic, the worst that it is for their skin. Human skin's pH is 5.5. So would it be bad to use a product with a pH of 3 which is more acidic than our skin? I dunno. I actually emailed the company to ask, but they didnt really give me a scientific explanation. LOL. They were quick as ever to respond though! LOL

petsilkonline.com is having a sale on alot of their colognes. I want to order but I cant...cause I just shouldn't lol.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just gave Cloud a bath! I used the Rainforest. It smells so heavenly. He smells so good, I wanna eat him! MMMMM. His hair feels so soft. I cant believe it smells sooooooo goooood after I diluted the sham. and cond. I diluted the Shampoo 11:1 and the Cond. 16:1(rough estimate). Everyone should definitely dilute! It's such a money saver and the product still works great!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 23 2004, 04:22 PM
I just gave Cloud a bath!  I used the Rainforest.  It smells so heavenly.  He smells so good, I wanna eat him!  MMMMM.  His hair feels so soft.  I cant believe it smells sooooooo goooood after I diluted the sham. and cond.  I diluted the Shampoo 11:1 and the Cond. 16:1(rough estimate).  Everyone should definitely dilute!  It's such a money saver and the product still works great!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25167
[/QUOTE]
I got my rainforest in...ive only used the cologne being that it isnt time for a bath yet..o its wonderful! i love the smell. thanks for trying it out first!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ladymontava--You gotta wait like 2-3 more wks until Parker's next bath! MAN, that would be hard for me! LOL. The smell lasts for afew days too. I love sleeping with them after their baths! And you're very welcome! I'm glad that Cloud and Noriko being the guinea pigs helped you out!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, I emailed Farouk systems about Petsilk. The lady was totally nice but she couldn't really tell me why petsilk was safe to use regardless of how acidic some of the product was. She said the chemist has to be cautious of what info they give out! LOL! It wasn't like I was asking for instructions on how to make an atomic bomb! LOL But, I should have known!!!! My bf is a chemist too and he's told me how secretive they are about their projects.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Dec 16 2004, 03:14 PM
Quincymom
[/QUOTE]

:lol:
I just ordered several of the PetSilk products yesterday on recommendation from you all.....I did order the "babygirl" for little Sisse, my BF only comment was "just remember, I will not be seen in public with a dog that smells like a French Wh--e House"..
Nice to know it is a nice light scent!! You guys are a riot......

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Jan 7 2005, 04:06 PM
I just ordered several of the PetSilk products yesterday on recommendation from you all.....I did order the "babygirl" for little Sisse, my BF only comment was "just remember, I will not be seen in public with a dog that smells like a French Wh--e House"..

Nice to know it is a nice light scent!!  You guys are a riot......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28366
[/QUOTE]

I think I've smelled some of those dogs before!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts