Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my first Petsmart training class. The first class is humans only. During the training the trainer mentioned briefly many subjects including housetraining. She said when we see our pets starting to indicate they need to eliminate or even while they are doing it in the wrong area, to say something like uh-uh, enough or something else, while taking them to the correct location. I've tried this before, but Molly continues to stream out or poo. What am I supposed to do then? Molly is now 7-1/2 months. She doesn't poo in the house anymore, but on occassion she'll pee anywhere.... like my jacket I had laying on the floor. I know, I know, what was my jacket doing on the floor. Anyhoo, does anyone have any other suggestions to keep Molly on pads or outside?

Also, with winter on its way, do you still take your pets outside or do you keep them indoors to go on potty pads? I got Molly a faux fur coat for winter, but not sure if she'll even step outside in the snow or cold. She doesn't wear shoes either, she rips them off.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by mmforever@Aug 22 2005, 05:21 PM
  I've tried this before, but Molly continues to stream out or poo.  What am I supposed to do then? 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93153
[/QUOTE]

LOL....this happened to me with Brink when he was a pup. He was going in the wrong place, so I stopped him...mid-stream...and picked him up to carry him to the wee pad...The little turkey just kept right on peeing...so he was like a fountain as I carried him into the kitchen.
It was funny, and not so funny at the same time...

We did Petsmart training and liked it. He probably needs to go back for socialization purposes...but if I pay the $$ and he acts like a "growls/barks-a-lot moron"...I would be SO mad...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Our Little Guy is just about 6 months old, and he had the same issue (we have him trained to go on a pad inside) I was scared to let him out of our site....if we did not hear his bell meaning he stopped moving we knew he might be going...so I had his pad out in plain sight and made sure he went to it and in a matter of a month i moved it to the location we wanted him to go and now he finds his pad (if he is on that floor of the house) we have not gotten him to go up or down the stairs on his own yet to go and find the pad, but we are very happy with his progress. Now, if we think he has to go we take him to that place and he has not had many accidents at all in the last month...so moving the pad slowly has helped us...good luck

P.S. We are in our fifth week of puppy class at Petsmart and it is going well he learned how to sit and so on very well...good foundation for future classes

Originally posted by mmforever@Aug 22 2005, 05:21 PM
I just took my first Petsmart training class.  The first class is humans only.  During the training the trainer mentioned briefly many subjects including housetraining.  She said when we see our pets starting to indicate they need to eliminate or even while they are doing it in the wrong area, to say something like uh-uh, enough or something else, while taking them to the correct location.  I've tried this before, but Molly continues to stream out or poo.  What am I supposed to do then?  Molly is now 7-1/2 months.  She doesn't poo in the house anymore, but on occassion she'll pee anywhere.... like my jacket I had laying on the floor.  I know, I know, what was my jacket doing on the floor.  Anyhoo, does anyone have any other suggestions to keep Molly on pads or outside?

Also, with winter on its way, do you still take your pets outside or do you keep them indoors to go on potty pads?  I got Molly a faux fur coat for winter, but not sure if she'll even step outside in the snow or cold.  She doesn't wear shoes either, she rips them off.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93153
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i used to take sprite to work...and when she would pee on the carpet....i'd hover her over the nearest trashcan to finsih. LOL

just keep being consistant. she'll get it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Baxter went through the puppy training at 4 months. He graduated, but the class is only as good as the OWNER is trained! I'm afraid we aren't the best at working with him. To this day he will sit only as long as he see's the treat. He was the class clown, barked most of the time. The trainer would meet us half way into the store with, "I knew I heard Baxter coming!" It was fun.

Bax had other issues, but peeing wasn't one of them. He just went and rattled the blinds on the door when he wanted out. Wally was easy, he just followed Baxter out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts