Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

well I had to cancel. I know I know, I am a terrible mommy
I feel so bad but I was stuck at work until 9 and cannot get out of here now and daddy is in the same boat

I am going to do an emergency tonight or tomorrow if they can't get me in, but for now we are getting up with her at night to let her pee. BF said she had him up 3 times, but me only 1 (good puppy)... I brought her to the bed since it might be medical so we can keep a closer eye on her

I know some ppl are going to want to spank me now, thanks goosey!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha~! i've exposed your dirty lil secret

bad mommy

hope you have a chance to get her into the vet soon, poor lil fat girl

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
First off, I normally dont do this kind of thing, but I need some prayers for a family member and I know you folks are usually up for some serious praying when I've seen it necessary before. We have a 36 yr old daddy of two little girls, my bf's brother in law, fighting for his life from a motorcycle accident. I am trying to be positive, but the reality is that its a bad brain injury and the doctors are saying a 20% chance that he will make it, and not really saying how he will be if he does make it. We need prayers badly. My heart is breaking for his girls, 13 and 4, this is devistating. Thanks in advance.

I am also missing alot of posts around here, but I try to at least read when I can at work.

Phoebe finally got to the vet tonight and does indeed have a UTI. She said there are crystals and some white cells (which she said are from infection) in her urine. Shes getting a 14 day antibiotic and some vitamin C and hopefully it clears up and thats all it is. She is acting completely normal so I hope that means shes not having pain. Will keep you posted.

thanks everyone.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jun 6 2005, 10:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your bf's brother in law.  I will keep him and his girls in my prayers. 

I'm also glad Pheobe is okay

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69835
[/QUOTE]

Ditto from me!!!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
So sorry to hear of the family problems.....I will keep him and your family in my prayers...seems to be a run on needed prayers here on SM lately...

I am glad to hear that Phoebe is on antibiotics and will be feeling better soon....to many things on your plate right now.

Hugs,
Melana

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
We'll keep him in our prayers! Hits home to me since I have 2 little girls!! ~ they adore their father! so we'll pray for them.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Be assured prayers are on the way.. This can only be a terribly devestating time for the family..

Just a note on Pheobe... when the round of antibiotics is done... take a urine sample in to be sure the UTI is completely cleared.
Did the vet check to see what kind of crystals were present?
Some "like" an acid environment othere thrive in an Alky environment. You might want to get some test strips and keep an eye on the ph. Crystals which can form stones can sometimes be controlled via diet or supplements..if the alky kind with special diet and adding a bit of 'acidifier' like cranberry. However you have to be careful in the doseage so as to not swing the ph too far in the opposite direction.
I found the few times Missy was showing Alky urine ( she tends to be more acidic).. she also got vaginitis.. I'd only have to add a few grains of cranberry from a capsule to bring the ph down into more acidic range.. so it doesn't take much.
Be sure she drinks lots of water.
Terry and Missy

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
aww thank you for asking. Its a roller coaster thats for sure. The doctors told us yesterday that that his brain is still swelling more than they would like so they are making his coma deeper to slow the brain activity to see if that will stop. Today all I heard is he is stable, so I dont know if that means it worked or what. They just say it could go either way. I guess they just dont know so they cant really tell us what we want to hear. Its really hard on everyone

Poor Phoebe. I hate leaving her so much I feel just terrible. She is still peeing alot and I havent had time to respond to Missy's mom, which I want to find out more of what I could be doing... I think everything is so chaotic now I wouldnt know if she were improving or not, but last night she peed in her crate again, and drank a ton of water.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
sending prayers your way...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I'm sending out good thoughts and prayers to lil Pheobe and your brother in law. I hope with all my heart that everything works out well

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
So sorry to hear all this.Sending prayers out for sure.Please keep us posted.
I hope Miss Phoebe feels better very soon.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Hi, I hope Phoebe gets all better real soon..... It's a bad time to have a sick dog.... I hope everthing will be OK with your bf's brother-in-law.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Sorry that your bf's family is suffering. I'll keep them in my thoughts.

Hope Phoebe is on the mend.

Hang in there.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about his accident. I hope that he has a speedy and full recovery.

I am also glad that you picked up on poor little Phoebe's problem. It's so hard to know what is wrong with them when they are so little and cannot talk to let us know where it hurts. Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts