Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we went to pick up Nadia's food today, there was a sign they were having Santa come on Sat Dec 3rd so you can have your pet's photo taken with Santa.
It is basically a poloroid shot so you get it right away, and it is $5.00 with the proceeds going for seeing-eye dog training.
Thinking of taking Nadia.. it being her first Christmas with us... and probably her first in a "real-home". I realize these will not likely be the 'greatest' but it is close by and just thought it would be cute.
Anyone here ever had or plan to have your baby ( s) photo taken with Santa?

Terry, Angel Missy, and Nadia

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I did it with my first Malt, Rosebud. She was scared so the look on her face wasn't the greatest and the Santa costume wasn't all that great either... but it was sort of fun doing it..... You should ... nothing to lose, really.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it with my first Malt, Rosebud. She was scared so the look on her face wasn't the greatest and the Santa costume wasn't all that great either... but it was sort of fun doing it..... You should ... nothing to lose, really.[/B]
They showed a photo from a previous "sitting" and the Santa was actually quite nice! The dog in the display was a black lab and the colors of the red and white suit contrasted with the black lab was a very nice shot .
If I can get out from work early enough I think I'll try.. it will be a nice keepsake at any rate, and money to a good cause.. a win/win situation.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
When I first got my cat, Jazzy, I had just been married a year with no kids in site...well she became my "baby' and when Christmas rolled around they were doing pics with Santa at my husband job..he is a banker and they do it every year...so I took Jazzy in and it is the cutest thing.

The Local paper was there to snap a picture of some sweet kiddo on Santa's Knee to run on the front page of the paper well they got such a kick out of my bringing my Kitty they took a picture of her. And she made the Front page....four column photo above the fold. I was so impressed....she was so tiny and cute.

I saw a sign for Santa and pet photos in a nearby mall today...I would love to do it but Noel will be so little and I don't want to take her out around tha tman people yet.

BUT they do it at the bank so I might take her there...since I will be taking the boys anyway...and I can get there early and be more in "controlle" of the situation and there won't be any other pets around...and there isn't usually that many kids because they do it on Christmas Eve of all days..

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
When we lived in Virginia Beach one of the big malls would have pet photos with the mall Santa on Sunday mornings before the stores opened. I can't remember if Santa would hold the dog, or if you were expected to be in the photo with the pet. My girls would hold Jolie and the they would all be in the photo with Santa. It was really cute and we got a pretty good quality photo. You could also bring your own camera.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The Buttercup has Santa photos every year. She's being raised as a good little Catholic girl, and...wait, who am I kidding? LOLOLOLOL

Traditionally, I'd gone to a certain Petsmart in Atlanta who had a portrait group come in and do photos (LOVE THEM!!! MISS them terribly!) on alternate weekends from the Petsmart polaroids (the polaroid $ goes to PS charities). The Buttercup loooooooooves Santa Claus, he always smells like yummy french fries! She's very good, she sits on his lap and stares at me intently, maybe she's trying to tell me telepathically that "I'm being good, now can I have some of these fries I'm smelling???"...

Our malls up here are doing "Paws & Claus" evenings this year. Sundays after the mall closes (or about an hour before that, anyway), you can bring your pets in for photos with the Big Jolly Guy. I remember many malls doing that recently. Buttercup will be going this Sunday. I have no money to buy gifts this year, but I'll be damned if my baby misses out on her Santa pics! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ann marie and the "Santa at North Point Mall smells like Chick-Fil-A fries, he's my favorite!" buttercup

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Chloe is very shy of large men, I think she would be very scared, but maybe my husband will dress up like santa for christmas this year and we can take pics like that. :lol:

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
The Buttercup has Santa photos every year. She's being raised as a good little Catholic girl, and...wait, who am I kidding? LOLOLOLOL

Traditionally, I'd gone to a certain Petsmart in Atlanta who had a portrait group come in and do photos (LOVE THEM!!! MISS them terribly!) on alternate weekends from the Petsmart polaroids (the polaroid $ goes to PS charities). The Buttercup loooooooooves Santa Claus, he always smells like yummy french fries! She's very good, she sits on his lap and stares at me intently, maybe she's trying to tell me telepathically that "I'm being good, now can I have some of these fries I'm smelling???"...

Our malls up here are doing "Paws & Claus" evenings this year. Sundays after the mall closes (or about an hour before that, anyway), you can bring your pets in for photos with the Big Jolly Guy. I remember many malls doing that recently. Buttercup will be going this Sunday. I have no money to buy gifts this year, but I'll be damned if my baby misses out on her Santa pics! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ann marie and the "Santa at North Point Mall smells like Chick-Fil-A fries, he's my favorite!" buttercup[/B]
I am taking Matilda and Muffy, should be cute. I had one taken of Muffy when he was 12 weeks old (HE'S NOW 10) I love that picture

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
LOL... omg.. i'm gonna have to scan kodie's 1st santa pic! He looks like a mop! You cant see his face because he was trying to get away from santa and his hair went CRAZY! It's the funniest pic i have... it was a waste in a way because the quality sux. I dunno if its a donation to animals the fee but if it is... then its worth going to get santa pics. :lol: If you go... scan the pic for us to see!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
We did! We had a pet night at our mall that we went to. It was alot of fun. I think our Santa had one of the cutest faces I've ever seen. Bella wasn't real excited about having Santa hold her so she has the deer in the headlights expression. I had also made her a new dress which can't be seen at all. All in all it isn't the best picture she's ever taken but I'm still glad we did it.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I plan on taking Paris this weekend to see Santa. We got her a few days before Christmas last year so this will be her first experience.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
We did! We had a pet night at our mall that we went to. It was alot of fun. I think our Santa had one of the cutest faces I've ever seen. Bella wasn't real excited about having Santa hold her so she has the deer in the headlights expression. I had also made her a new dress which can't be seen at all. All in all it isn't the best picture she's ever taken but I'm still glad we did it.[/B]
Oh wow that IS the cutest santa face I've seen! And Bella looks super cute too!

We did this the other night. I did it once with my last maltese at the local petco and the santa was horrible. He was young with big black eyebrows that they didnt cover up, his clothes didnt fit, beard falling off, and it was just up against a red plastic tablecloth background. This year, we went to the local mall as someone here suggested
They have pets after the kiddies some nights, and the santa and the set were really great. You can only see the santa in my photo since they zoomed the shot in because PB is so tiny.

Phoebe and Santa

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
awww see, you guys all have good santas. we had "how did i get so lucky to draw the short stick and get to have all these weird pets on my lap?" santa. he was horrible. i had to fuss to get the photographer to take a second shot. i said "santa looks like he's listening to someone read the phone book. in norwegian. and buttercup is looking at THE FLOOR...." the photolady actually ACTUALLY!!! said "do you want me to take another pic? we normally only take one..." and i said "for $25, i want a picture that is better than if we'd have stayed home and dressed up as santa ourselves, if you dont mind...."

i'll scan it and post it later tonight. it's less awful as the first, but i dont have the other nights off that santa is at our other malls doing pet pics. crap! LOL

ann marie and the "this santa smelled like....dog. bleeechhhhhh." buttercup

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
We did! We had a pet night at our mall that we went to. It was alot of fun. I think our Santa had one of the cutest faces I've ever seen. Bella wasn't real excited about having Santa hold her so she has the deer in the headlights expression. I had also made her a new dress which can't be seen at all. All in all it isn't the best picture she's ever taken but I'm still glad we did it.

[/B]
love your photo

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
LOL, we went this past Saturday to Petsmart and lo and behold there sat Santa. Now, he wasn't the best looking Santa around but I got Pacino's pic with him and it is adorable!!

My husband said "oh, no, you really aren't going to do that are you?" and now three days later he is showing anybody who will look!! LOL

I have the pic in my album on here!!

Marie & (Do *I* REALLY have to sit on this red man's lap?) Pacino

·
Registered
802 Posts
What a wonderful looking Santa. That face is just what you expect Santa to look like. I love the picture very cute.
[/B]
*ditto*

I want a Santa Pic with Max, too. It would make a cool holiday post card.

The closest Max has gotten to Santa is the singing Santa dog I just got him...he loves dragging it around while its barking "Santa Clause is Coming to Town".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts