Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I got photoshop and YIKES. I have not figured out how to do one thing on it yet. Not one. Well, thats not true- I can open up a picture and paint on it with a paint brush. But seriously, I am pretty good with computers, I can usually figure out how to work things but I am just stumped with Photoshop..I mean, layers and frames and backgrounds...o my! If anyone has a site I can go to to learn maybe...anything, I would deeply appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
oh, they're pretty complicated!! LOL!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i saw some basic ones on there...

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Between you and me Photoshop is not for the novice user. It is complicated and I hate it, wish I had never bought it. I have other photo programs that are much more user friendly than that one, it's not really for the beginner at all.
I would recommend you go to something simpler to get the hang of it then try to use photoshop. Take a look at the tutorials and even print some off if you can and follow the instruction that way, you might get the hang of it. Jaimie has tried to teach me how to use mine but I think she has a later version than me and mine works differently to hers, or I am just plain dumb

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK so I did my new signature...but the whole thing looks blurry to me...I think I saved it in a "small" file size...is this why?

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Aww! That's cute! I LOVE the butterflies.

·
Registered
285 Posts
http://www.pslover.com

try playing around with the filters on photoshop. you will end up with good results. a lot of cool effects are done with brushes & filters. you should try searching free brushes (there are brush tutorials that come with them and you can even learn to make your own. if you download filters there are a lot of shortcuts and steps you can avoid.

hope i helped

1 - 11 of 11 Posts