Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

PICK ONE Puppy!

3K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  HappyB 
#1 ·

Dont know which one to choose. Who do you guys think is the cuter little guy? I don't want to say who the breeder is yet except for she's pretty active and well known in Maltese. If I decide to get her puppy, then I'd divulge that info to everyone.

Left or right? There are other factors, but right now, it's on looks
I'm not saying that it's going to be what my decision is based on, and there are other breeders that I'm considering...just thought I'd get some opinions on how they look - by experienced eyes. Both puppies are champion sired and damed. Both are pets.

Here is the one on the LEFT(of the above photo) in the corner this time. The 2 that's to the other side are the litter of the RIGHT puppy of the above photo:

The LEFT puppy by himself.

The RIGHT puppy with his twin

Thanks!

See less See more
#6 ·
They look like twins to me... It would be hard for me to choose as well.
the right one looks spuky . I think.. They are both very cute. sorry i'm not help here. I guess I would just go by who I bonded with.. becuase they are both very pretty and cute... I don't think you can go wrong with any pick

#7 ·
Originally posted by mmo@Oct 31 2005, 12:05 PM
  They are both gorgeous. I like the one in the left side of the first pic. It seems to me that he is shorter and has a shorter nose. PUPPY FEVER!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115129
[/QUOTE]

The left puppy is also more cuddly in termperment. the other boys are go-go-go!

#8 ·
Originally posted by Paris'Mom+Oct 31 2005, 12:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mmo
@Oct 31 2005, 12:05 PM
  They are both gorgeous. I like the one in the left side of the first pic. It seems to me that he is shorter and has a shorter nose. PUPPY FEVER!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115131
[/B][/QUOTE]

Have you been to visit the pups?
One looks like it has a shorter back. That is something I would check out.

#9 ·
Originally posted by LucyLou+Oct 31 2005, 12:22 PM-->
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Oct 31 2005, 12:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mmo
@Oct 31 2005, 12:05 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115131

[/QUOTE]

Have you been to visit the pups?
One looks like it has a shorter back. That is something I would check out.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115133
[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm planning on visiting the pups during Veterans weekend. Whats's the shorter back issue?

#11 ·
Ok in terms of looks .. I like the twin boys better than the single boy based on the photos. On the single boy, it appears that his toes point outwards but who knows could just be the photo. He also has a longer nose compared to the twins. Of course, photos are deceiving and it may be different in real life.

I think the twin boys are adorable. I like the one in at the back the most. He looks like he has a shorter back (more square looking). The one in the front looks like he has a slooping topline (but can't tell from photos). I believe the one in the back is also the one in the back of the other photo (has a bigger black nose).

He is my pick

#13 ·
In the picture with the 3 pups inside I like the one that is closest to the camera. And the last picture I like the one that is closest to the camera.

I agree that it is sooooo hard to tell in photos of puppies, but the other one looks almost a little "roach" backed in 2 of the photos.

But then again, if they are all boys I would have to pass. I like the little girl doggies. No offense to boy oweners, the girl doggies are just my preference.

#14 ·
Their faces all look identical to me! The other things people mentioned you can assess when you see them in person (roached back, pigment, short nose etc) as pictures can be very deceiving. The personality will win you over in person. Congratulations they are all beautiful! I'm jealous.

#15 ·
I like the lefty! He reminds me of tuck when his hair is grown out over his eyes.
Which one do you like the most?
What a hard choice. I had three malts to choose from when I picked Tuck, and as lame as it sounds, we just had a connection.

Make it easy on yourself...get all three.

#16 ·
As long as all are cute (and they are) I would choose first based on temperament. Then if temperament is equal, I would go back to looks. You'll need to decide if you want a bold boy or a cuddly one or an alpha-type or more submissive or intense or easy going. IMHO those personality traits are so very important over the long haul. From what I've seen, most puppies change in looks quite a bit as they get older.

Good luck.... it's very exciting!!!

#17 ·
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Oct 31 2005, 01:24 PM
In the picture with the 3 pups inside I like the one that is closest to the camera. And the last picture I like the one that is closest to the camera.

I agree that it is sooooo hard to tell in photos of puppies, but the other one looks almost a little "roach" backed in 2 of the photos.

But then again, if they are all boys I would have to pass. I like the little girl doggies. No offense to boy oweners, the girl doggies are just my preference.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115153
[/QUOTE]

Pat,
I showed your photos of Sassy to a breeder friend of mine. She was SOOO IN LOVE. She had the same reaction as I did - gosh, this Maltese is BEAUTIFUL! We all want Sassy.
Charmaine

#18 ·
They look the same to me. I'm sorry. I'm no help. I just don't know how you choose. I agree with Sher and would base my decision more on temperment than looks. Can't wait to hear about the breeder????

#21 ·
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 31 2005, 01:59 PM
Oh good heavens, how could you ever pick one based on looks? Each one is cuter than the next!

Is this breeder close enough to visit? I'd be more interested in chosing one for personality especially knowing that anyone you choose will be gorgeous. Have you ever heard of the Puppy Aptitude Test?

http://www.volhard.com/puppy/pat.htm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115174
[/QUOTE]

Great link, thanks for posting it. I will take that in consideration when i get my second.

#23 ·
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 31 2005, 01:59 PM
Oh good heavens, how could you ever pick one based on looks? Each one is cuter than the next!

Is this breeder close enough to visit? I'd be more interested in chosing one for personality especially knowing that anyone you choose will be gorgeous. Have you ever heard of the Puppy Aptitude Test?

[/QUOTE]

Marj,
Thanks for the link. It's difficult because Paris is an alpha. so should I lean towards the cuddly one instead of the go-go-go twins?

I'm going to take a look at the P.A.T. now.

#24 ·
Originally posted by Paris'Mom+Oct 31 2005, 02:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Oct 31 2005, 01:59 PM

Marj,
Thanks for the link. It's difficult because Paris is an alpha. so should I lean towards the cuddly one instead of the go-go-go twins?

I'm going to take a look at the P.A.T. now.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115186
[/B][/QUOTE]

IMHO if you have two who want to be alpha you'll have trouble on your hands. Catcher is alpha and Kallie couldn't care less. I've often thought what a problem it would be if she also wanted to be alpha, also. If he growls at her, she just ignores him. If he takes her toy away from her, she let's him do that, too.

#25 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Oct 31 2005, 02:20 PM
IMHO if you have two who want to be alpha you'll have trouble on your hands. Catcher is alpha and Kallie couldn't care less. I've often thought what a problem it would be if she also wanted to be alpha, also. If he growls at her, she just ignores him. If he takes her toy away from her, she let's him do that, too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115192
[/QUOTE]
That's kind of cute, the way Kallie deals with that! :D

#26 ·
I would go with personality for a pet puppy. At this stage everything could change in his conformation. I can't see the cuddly puppy's eyes because of the hair. One thing I look for, all else being somewhat equal, is nice big eyes and the expression. If you were going to show, his size, coat, the length of the back (he should be square from shoulders to tail, basically short back is good), it's flatness, the length of nose and ear set and points, etc. would be of great importance, but for a good pet.... Cuddly is so important!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.