Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked around at more beds for Kodie for Christmas.. I wanted to find something like my own bed but in a smaller size! Kodie sleeps with me at night so when i'm not home I know he would love to sleep in a little bed made for him just like mine... I found this one from Ritzy Rover... Bed I picked
Its very expensive as you can see... haha.. so i dont wanna buy something without someone else's opinons.. It says that you can pick from 6 different fabrics they offer... I do not like any of those! I was wondering where I can find fabric to send to to them?? What color color fabrics would you suggest? It has to be something really comfortable! I would like a fabric like the one in the picture but in blue... I like the look of this bed Other bed but i dont think it looks comfortable. Does the day bed i picked out look comfortable to you? It doesnt say what it is made of... I will call the company today to ask questions... but wanted more input!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
When I clicked on both links, it showed the same bed

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my advice----keep looking.
especially since you're willing to pay that much. BUT...if you dont want to keep looking--i'd pick the first one. what are you trying to look for in a bed?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called about the first bed I have listed... and they were very helpful!! I recommend Ritzy Rover... great personal service! I can get any color fabric i want... i just have to pick it up and send it! Its gonna be soooo cute!... I'm gonna get one color fabric for the whole bed and 1 big pillow and then another color (that matches, of course) to be the blanket and two smaller pillows! I cant wait! I will take LOTS of pictures when its done!! It's Kodies Xmas present!!

I was looking for a bed like my own... cause i know Kodie loves to sleep in mine!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my mom and cynthia went and got the dogs a $150 down comforter because thats what the dogs like. lol. so i know what you mean about buying something your dogs like.

i lay it on my bed when i got to sleep and when we wake up 5am till its not cold anymore...its in the living room. anyway, now that its on my bed, gruffi sleeps on my legs(eventhough its a king size bed) and not at my head anymore. he's soo heavy. i have a pic of sprite on the comforter. she loves it! anyway, i cant wait till you get your dog bed. get some pics of the finished product!! :D

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is tougher than I thought it was going to be... I went to Joann fabrics just now on my lunch break... and nothing! The fabric has to be 55"wide... and they told me chintz cotton would look nice.. I dunno...I was going to make it just cotton like my own bed. I was looking for maybe something in blue.. not bright blue or too light... like a moth color. I was also thinking a tan color... i wanna keep it neutral. I was going to make the bed a solid color and the one big pillow... and have the conforter and the two smaller pillows have a pattern (checks, or just kinda the same pattern as in the picture but not pink.) I cant find anything!!!!!!!!!!

I never bought fabric before in my life!! I'm like a blind person walking around without help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't want to rain (or snow) on your Christmas present, but I know such a purchase woud be a waste of money for my two. Despite all of the beds, pillows, etc. we've bought for them, their favorite places to nap are under the coffee table and on the topmost pillows of the couch. As for sleeping, either they sleep in our bed or NOBODY gets any sleep.

Are you positive Kodie will stay in it before you spend that much?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Another idea that would make a great Christmas gift and is far less expensive is a personalized throw:

http://www.thingsremembered.com/webapp/wcs...001_536464_-1_1

I agree with you, Lucky's Dad. I have spent a small fortune on pet beds over the years and my cats still prefer a cardboard box over any of them! Lady would rather sleep on the carpeting in front of her bed instead of in it!

And people furniture is always the best!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 23 2004, 01:53 PM
Another idea that would make a great Christmas gift and is far less expensive is a personalized throw:

http://www.thingsremembered.com/webapp/wcs...001_536464_-1_1

I agree with you, Lucky's Dad. I have spent a small fortune on pet beds over the years and my cats still prefer a cardboard box over any of them! Lady would rather sleep on the carpeting in front of her bed instead of in it!

And people furniture is always the best!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18162
[/QUOTE]

Cute doggy gifts on that link!!!! :D

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well he has a bed right now in his pen during the day that he sleep on... its 1yr old and worn... soo during the day he would be in this bed because he is in a pen while i'm at work... at night hes with me in my bed. So.. i think he would use it only during the day... if kodie ran the house all day while i was at work.. i wouldnt buy this because he could sleep anywhere.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Nov 23 2004, 12:23 PM
This is tougher than I thought it was going to be... I went to Joann fabrics just now on my lunch break... and nothing!  The fabric has to be 55"wide... and they told me chintz cotton would look nice..  I dunno...I was going to make it just cotton like my own bed.   I was looking for maybe something in blue.. not bright blue or too light... like a moth color.  I was also thinking a tan color... i wanna keep it neutral.  I was going to make the bed a solid color and the one big pillow... and have the conforter and the two smaller pillows have a pattern (checks, or just kinda the same pattern as in the picture but not pink.)  I cant find anything!!!!!!!!!!

I never bought fabric before in my life!!  I'm like a blind person walking around without help!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18150
[/QUOTE]

I don't know what all the specifications are for the material but you could try looking at sheets (for people beds). They seem to be softer than material at the fabric store. I sew quite a bit and I really don't like the chain stores -- Joann's and Hancock's -- as much as I like the local stores...they have a better selection of fabrics. Good luck on your search!

Nicolle

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Does anyone know about those beds that look like little mattresses, i have seen them on the petsmart website, i would never buy one because i am just to cheap but i was wondering if anyone had one or knew someone who did they look cool

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lilly521, i was looking at those mattress type beds 1st... but most of those have those metal frames.. and i didnt want that for Kodie.

Nicolle916... thank u!! I was just thinking that while leaving work tonight...hahah.. So.. do u mean to go and buy sheets from like a department store??

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i would do the same...i used to buy fabric for my photo backdrops but now i use sheets b/c they are wider and cheaper

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Nov 23 2004, 04:56 PM
Nicolle916... thank u!!  I was just thinking that while leaving work tonight...hahah.. So.. do u mean to go and buy sheets from like a department store??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18234
[/QUOTE]

Sure -- I think you could just buy sheets from a department store, just like you would for your bed. I have made pj's (for people) out of sheets. There is a LOT of fabric in a set of sheets PLUS there are some really nice colors that are VERY soft and good quality.

Nicolle

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Buying sheets is a GREAT idea. You so smart! LOL

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If you are gonna buy sheets you should check outlet stores because they have some really nice sheets there that are discounted because the line is discontunited and you can't know the like matching comforter or something which isnt an issue if you are gonna sew with them...there is a place called tuesday morning around here it the best if you have one you gotta look in there (they also have a nice pet toy section but thats kinda off topic lol)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Geeezz, The last time I bought Bulilit a bed (and paid over $60.00) he decided it was a good place to take a dump and did :eek: . So he don't get a bed. He has a favorite pillow that his mommy Ling made for him and he sleeps on that if he decides he doesn't want to push me out of my bed.

Mike
and Bulilit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts