Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious. I’ve had a number of different breeds of dogs in the house while growing up as a kid. Saint Bernards, German shepherds, afghans, to name just a couple. I’ve spent lots of time with Great Danes, Newfoundlands & Dobermanns. My Maltese Kobe is my first dog as an adult that I’ve had. All the others were my parents dogs but I do not remember any of them being picky eaters the way my Pup is. Is this common to our breed, to small dogs or is it just my imagination and perhaps I’m just spoiling my fluff or something? Any input from you experienced Mom’s and dads?

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
My 3 are very picky eaters, with the exception of Stella and Chewys which they can not have.
I have yet to meet a fluff who won’t go crazy over S&C.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 3 are very picky eaters, with the exception of Stella and Chewys which they can not have.
I have yet to meet a fluff who won’t go crazy over S&C.
It makes yours sick? My pup also loves it, especially the raw freeze dried salmon & beef puppy paddies.

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
It makes yours sick? My pup also loves it, especially the raw freeze dried salmon & beef puppy paddies.
The fat content is too high for dogs with pancreatitis and IBD. I have one with both and another with just IBD.
They can tolerate the S&C kibble but it just doesn’t give that puppy crack high like the raw does, lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you feeding? I think a lot of dogs are picky with kibble.
He eats his kibble. On his own terms of coarse. I have to free feed. 1/2 c a day. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe Grain Free Puppy Food.

If I give him wet food he gets even pickier and won’t even eat his treats which makes hiding his flea and tick and Heartworm stuff hard and no training treats either so we stuck with the kibble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts