Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wierd title, huh? The story is that Pico and I are flying to Florida tomorrow to spend 6 days with my daughter and her family. My granddaughter turns 14 on Monday, is into Goth (very lightly, I assure you) and reads those novels about medical examiners and loves to watch CSI and I decided to make her the Wilton "Gory Head on a Platter" cake for her birthday. (She once told me "I have morbid interests" in a very spooky sounding voice)
I needed the Wilton Standup Pumpkin pan set and it is out of season so no one here in San Antonio had it.

After searching fruitlessly for 2 days I called my daughter to tell her I was going to have to go to plan "b" and use a sports ball pan and wing it on the head. While we were talking she asked what the pan I needed was called and a few seconds later said, "here it is, on Ebay, $8.00 and the seller is in Ft Lauderdale! Well, I am flying into Ft. Lauderdale and it is only 30 minutes or so from Boca where my daughter lives so I bought it immediately.

What were the chances?

Anyway, Pico is all bathed and beautiful, I have his health certificate and all his things packed and everyone in FLorida is so excited to see him. And me, because I am also bringing good old San Antonio Tex-Mex handmade flour tortillas, beans and rice.

So, I hope all goes well with you all while I am away and unable to monitor and give my sage advice.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That cake idea is hilarious! Please be sure to post a pic on here, I would love to see it! If you need any examples of nasty/gross/ugly heads to inspire your creation, please let me know and I will be more than happy to forward you a pic of my ex-boyfriend.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Have a great trip. Years ago when I had a yorkie, we used to fly to Fla. together. She always did pretty good on the plane. You are supposed to keep them under the seat in front of u in a doggy crate. When the plane was up in the air, I would take her and put her on my lap under a blanket. She liked that much better than being in a crate under the seat.

Peechie's Mom - Karen

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
We do live in a small world...I am flying into Fort Lauderdale on Friday with Teddy...too bad we are a day apart I would have loved to run into another Malt from here.

Have a great time...

Susan

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Pippinsmom@Jun 21 2005, 06:15 PM
That cake idea is hilarious!  Please be sure to post a pic on here, I would love to see it!  If you need any examples of nasty/gross/ugly heads to inspire your creation, please let me know and I will be more than happy to forward you a pic of my ex-boyfriend. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74312
[/QUOTE]

Too funny! This must be a fairly recent Ex, huh? I'm still hoping the pans will arrive from Lauderdale in time for me to bake the cake this weekend. The seller wouldn't make an arrangement for me to actually pick the pans up from her since Lauderdale is less than 30 minutes from Boca.
So it remains to be seen if she will get them shipped in time......if so, I'll certainly post a picture of the cake for you all.

Teddy's Mom, I sure wish we could have met up. I just love seeing other Maltese on the go. Pico gets sooo much attention and I see sooooo many smiles when people spot him in the airport! I take him out of his carrier as much as possible to help with his socialization....he gets hyper excited around people and I want to have him accustomed so he settles down a bit.

The flight attendant told me that if the FAA catches a dog out of his carrier while on the plane the attendant gets fined personally! So that explains why some attendants are so adamant about Pico staying in his carrier. When he is curled up asleep on my lap he looks like a sweater or other article and I don't think they even realize he is a dog. I've had many people be surprised to find out he is a living breathing animal instead of a stuffed toy or piece of clothing.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
This is our first trip on a plane...last year we drove to Boston and had a wonderful time...but Teddy was still a little bitty puppy. I hope he does well on the plane, cause there is no way I am not taking him.

Have a fun and exciting visit with your family.

Susan

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Have a Save and Fun Trip! Take pictures of the cake!
heheeh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts