Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pico and I spent Thanksgiving week with my daughter, son-in-law, 13 year old granddaughter and 20 month old grandson and it was a success!

Little Jacob fell in love with "baby", as he called Pico. I was so proud of Pico, too, as he allowed Jacob to lay his hands on him and lay his head gently on his body and also kiss him on the nose!

A couple of times during the week Jacob was a little excited and grabbed too tightly and Pico growled to let us know so we quickly separated them. Pico was always with an adult during these interactions for the safety of both.

What was funny was when Pico spied Jacob heading his way and decided he wasn't up for baby-love, he'd race across the arms of the sofa to the recliner and to the love seat to evade him, with Jacob running back and forth totally unable to keep up with Pico. Pico would jump up on someone's shoulder and sit there until Jacob ran around the back of the sofa and then Pico would just run to the other sofa across the arms. It was good excercise for Pico and Jacob thought it a great game.

When Jacob would get up in the morning Pico would run to him to greet him, which Jacob just loved.

So, except for the Pumpkin pie ,Apple pie, Pecan Pie, cookies, Krispy Kreme doughnuts and ice cream that we chased the turkey, dressing, gravy, and potatoes with I look forward to doing it again.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Dec 3 2004, 12:44 PM
thats really cute.  i love it when the people you love get along.  you know?  i'm glad you had a great thanksgiving!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20104
[/QUOTE]
Doctor Cathy,

I am very fortunate in that regard. My brothers and I all get along great, my daughters are very close with each other and even the cousins, their 13 year old daughters, are good friends.

That said, it could be because I am in San Antonio, Susie is in Dallas, Stephanie is in Boca Raton and my brothers are in Fayetteville & Surf City, N.C., Maryland and Hawaii.

Now, my husband and I have been working together the past two years and so have been together 24/7 for the most part and that gets bad sometimes. Real bad. Our offices are in our home and are in separate rooms but he's the "boss" and gets too darned "bossy" for my style.

While I have been in a corporate environment in outside sales with my bosses usually in another city or even another state and am not accustomed to micro-management.

So things get heated very quickly and we have thrown the "D" word around from time to time. Then we separate for a few days, verbally ignoring each other, cool down and think things through and then try it again. It does get better with time but will never be optimal, I think.

Mixing business and family, or even close friends, is something few people can do well. So don't feel alone in your situation. I talk with many people who say the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts