Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Santa Barbara for a dog show this weekend and after not showing for a month and a half, it was great to get back to it! GORGEOUS weather in Santa Barbara, couldn't have asked for better. And we got home to the central valley and it's nice weather here too! Hope that continues, don't like the heat :thumbsup:

Pam came out to watch with Truffles and they stayed allll day. It's sooo funny because Emma and Truffles completely remember each other. Emma starts whining when she sees Truffs and starts mouthing off. So cute!

Here are some pics from yesterday!

Marina getting ready for Junior Showmanship

Emma (Bellarata's Glee By Design)

They placed 4 out of 5 in Juniors. Emma was a nut case and even peed in the ring, LOL so they are lucky they placed at all.

Then on to the breed ring, with Marina once again showing her.

Emma just wanting to get the day over with!

After the class and WINNING A FOUR POINT MAJOR AND BEST OF BREED! Excuse the sideways shifty eyeballs of Emma, btw. She had the "Really? More pictures?" look on her face.

So Emma now has both majors and only needs 3 points to finish (has 12 points total).

Thrilled, as you can see.

Here is Emma, Marina, Truffles and Pam. I love seeing how spoiled Truffles is!!!

Since Emma won best of breed over a special (a dog that is already a champion), they got to show in the toy group.

It was a VERY competitive toy group (some of the top dogs in the country) so not surprisingly, they did not do anything in group but it's very good experience for Marina (and Emma) and I like how these pics look (even if they were taken with my cell)

Emma is 11 months old and Marina has shown her exclusively in the puppy/bred-by-exhibitor class for all of her points. Emma is three singles away from finishing her championship and believe me when I say that it is hard to get points on any dog, much less being Marina's age (she is 11 years old) and showing a puppy. She has trained Emma from day 1 and it will be a very happy day for Marina when Emma gets her championship!

Marina showed again today but Emma was acting like a nut going around the ring so she didn't place today, but here are some pics.

Thanks for looking!

OH and Pam and I want to get a 'meetup' going during Eukanuba in Long Beach. Anybody interested?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Amazing job!!! Marina is so great at showing, she is so mature for her age and does a fabulous job! Congrats to you all!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great pics!

Emma is beautiful!! well done on all your success with her!

(and acting like a nut going around the ring - sounds like someone I know! MILO!)
UGH isn't it frustrating?? She hopped on her back legs 3/4 of the time! Marina needs to work on getting her tired out before she goes in the ring. She's sooo pretty when she actually gets moving!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Great pictures and thank you for sharing. I'm so proud of Marina and Emma and only 3 points away from her Championship, that's just amazing!!! What a gorgeous coat Emma has and Marina is doing a fantastic job with her. :)

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats Marina and Emma!
Thank you !

:cheer: fantastic news. She is going to be a champion in no time. Seems like yesterday when they were born.
i know, I'm going to have to stop calling her a puppy because she almost isn't!

That's a topknot pillow, so they can lay their heads down when getting their topknots done.
Yes, can find them here.
Dog Bows: Yorkie Bows, Maltese and Shih Tzu Show Dog Bows & Show Leads
I train all my dogs to lay their heads down, makes life much easier!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great pictures and thank you for sharing. I'm so proud of Marina and Emma and only 3 points away from her Championship, that's just amazing!!! What a gorgeous coat Emma has and Marina is doing a fantastic job with her. :)
Emma's mom and dad both have awesome coats so I'm glad that was passed along! She's such an easy girl to deal with ring side (a polar opposite of Lois, LOL)

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Stacy, geez you've got it easy this time around. Emma has great hair and Marina is showing her! All you're doing is driving them around, LOL.

It's gonna be a great day soon.....when Emma becomes a champ!! :aktion033:

I remember Ava dancing around the ring on her hind legs :blink: - And she took best of opposite sex that day!!!!! Guess she looked pretty cute.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Congrats on the wins. They both look great. I hope that everything is working well for you. I was at the Greater Houston Toy Dog show this weekend. There were only two Maltese entered and they showed at 8:00 am both Sat. and Sun. I don't know who did the schedule but nothing like bathing Maltese at 4:00AM!!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts