·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just keep in mind i approve each one and it not immediate, so posting it multiple times is not needed, also I try to even it out so 2-3 pictures for each person will be great

but...

i may allow each member to have their own picture gallery eventually

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
can you delete a pic on the gallery..i need to change one...but if it is too much trouble ..dont worry about it

thanks

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I ADDED PICS!!! i'm not sure if they're up yet. but i think i added around 3 pics. i also added one of us of when we got 3rd place at a dog obedience show.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i had been on this whole 'thing' i dont know what to call it---but i was wanting to become vegetarian. so i go to peta.org and a bunch of different sites. and they have a site

iamscruelty.com

i emailed iams--and they gave me this pre-written page about statistics and ingredients in their food. and i e-mailed them again....no response. so i did the pic and sent it to iamscruelty. my dogs dont eat dog food anyway---and i read Home Prepared foods for dogs and cats by Strombeck and he was talking about how the regulations on dog food is all messed up. that only 6 out of 8 dogs have to 'survive' to put the food out on the market. and on the iams site, they have all those poor dogs in cages with their feet all messed up and not able to play in the sun. its upsetting.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Doctorcathy, I have been on the same 'whole thing' myself. I go to peta.org and get all kind of info about animal cruelty. I actually 2 weeks ago started my transition to 'vegeterian' and the whole 'vegan' thing.
I don't buy anything made of leather or any animal skin items, I don't buy anything that was animal tested, I had to change my make up, shampoo, and all household products to companies that do not test on animals.
since I love eggs and the change to vegeterian is a little difficult I have been looking for 'free-range chickens' farms so at least support the farmers that treat their chickens humainly. anyways I have also written to Iams about all the laboratory testing. they have reply to me telling me that is not true how they treat those poor dogs and cats that live every single day of their life in cages. anyways I am so into that 'whole thing' I will be helping an animal rights group here in San Jose (n. cal) to ban circuses in our city....anyways. sorry about going on and on about this...

It is very upsetting to me knowing how those poor animals are being treated by Iams and all the companies that perform lab testing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
We took Macy off Iams after I got that info. Now she eats Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul food and just LOOVES it!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i love d&m---thats awesome that you're getting involved. i still feel bad for eating chicken and steak--but its really hard. you know? one of my earliest memories is eating steak. my whole family is more carnivorous. i didnt know about how they treat animals in the circus till i went to peta. i always thought they used positive reinforcement training. i just saw a sign at Lucas Pizzaria in saugus (its really good) about how the circus is coming soon to the Saugus Speedway. i have only gone twice to the circus (once when i was little, and again like 3 yrs ago for my niece). i dont really enjoy it because it smells like Sh*t. makes me want to vomit. and that they do it during the hottest time. its really gross. anyway--yeah, i dont buy leather and i've stopped drinking milk. <--which wasnt too hard for me. i try eating sorbet ice cream. but i still crave mint n chip every now and then. anyway, its cool meeting someone trying to be vegetarian or vegan.

sanvean--thats cool that you stopped buying Iams. when I saw those pics it was sad. I tried watching the video--but i couldnt handle it. Honestly---if my dogs were still on dry food, and eukanuba or iams came to me asking to test my dogs and gave me everything that i needed and told me when and how to exercise my dogs (but that they could live with me) i wouldnt mind doing it!!! at least my dogs wouldnt be suffering, and if there was anything wrong with the food, i could just stop feeding it to them! i wish they would test the food humanely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts