Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Pictures from Recent Shows

3K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  Orla 
#1 ·
I have not posted pictures from shows in a while.

We went to a couple of shows in Virginia over the last month. Here are pictures from a show in Manassas.

Here is Cacia:

Cadie, she took a point that weekend:

Then we went to a show a couple weeks back in Charlottesville, VA. We got to meet Florence and the lovely Pearlan there. But it was HOT and I wasn't much in the mode of taking pictures. I only ended up with these two. :blush:

We have a couple of weeks off before heading out to the shows again.

See less See more
#17 ·
Topknots are a work in progress. I thought I had some clue when I first started showing because I had done a lot of practicing on Cameo's pet topknots. LOL, my first show ones were no where near as good as I thought they were. I look at pictures now and cringe.

Of course, as I grow more perfectionist about my topknots I look at them now and never think they are good enough.

Carina Great pictures... how do your girls show in that HEAT? :w00t:
Oh wow, I was soooooo worried about it. I had cooling mats under them while on the grooming tables and thankfully under the grooming tent in the breeze it wasn't as bad as it could have been. In the sun was horrible though and I felt bad for the vendors because I'm sure they had less business. I bought the last cage fan from one of them though.

The girls did ok. But that first day, they were not themselves. Neither of them showed the way I know they can. Cacia in particular went around the ring and then decided she wanted to lay down in the grass. She got up when I asked her to, but she was looking at me like--"but mom it is hot! :smheat: Laying in the sun is okay--running around a ring, not so much."

Honestly, I will probably not enter this show again. It was not close to home. I was convinced to try it because there was a chance for majors. And it did have majors. Our ring time was earlier ( a bit cooler ) on Sunday and both girls showed better that day. Cadie took reserve. But I was thinking about it and with the chances of heat, and/or rain this show site in June just is not something I would want to risk going back for again.

#24 ·
Erin, I try to band their hair away from their mouths. I am not doing well with that though. As soon as I do the bands, they slide right out. I had better success with Cadeau, maybe because he didn't have playmates when he was showing.

On show days we do some teasing of the face furnishings to get them to look the way we want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.