Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally figured this out...so here they are.

This is Darla when we first got her.

Darla and Mommy

Tired after a long day of traveling

Had to get her shaved yesterday because the mats were so bad. She wouldn't let me take her picture. I think she is still a little upset with me.

Darla's big brother Titan. He is a two year old Lab/Beagle mix. They get along great and he is very protective of Darla.

·
Registered
251 Posts
<span style="color:#FFCCFF"><div align="center">Aw, how adorable they both are. Congrats on your new baby. I hope her hair grows to be full and beautiful!</span>

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Ha, who would not be upset when getting bald ?

I am wondering, how long between brushing did you go that they got matted to the point of having to be shaved ? I not always brush everyday. It happened that I did not brush for 3 days but I always was able to get the matts out without shaving.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha, who would not be upset when getting bald ?

I am wondering, how long between brushing did you go that they got matted to the point of having to be shaved ? I not always brush everyday. It happened that I did not brush for 3 days but I always was able to get the matts out without shaving.[/B]

It was quite some time between brushings. She had never had mats before so I didn't think anything of it. I just brushed her every now and then...everything was fine. Guess things are different now though. Hopefully her hair will grow out fast and then I will be brushing her everyday.

·
Registered
751 Posts
what a cutie.. I am going to rush check Tucker for matts. I do brush him every day but sometimes I still find a matt

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AW poor baby! dont worry hair grows pretty quick i think she needs a sweater in the mean while
[/B]

I bought her two fleece sweaters and a jacket...felt pretty guilty for having to shave her. But I am doing everything to keep her warm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts