Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Yung ...

Could you please help solve the riddle as
why my pictures appear upside down after I post them?

If you could help ...

Well, it would turn the frown on my face upside down ... and, into a smile.:)

Thank you, in advance, for your help, Yung.:tender:

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Marie, there is a technical reason. When an iphone takes a photo, it does not reorient it to the right way round, instead it includes orientation info in the metadata. Apple apps are able to read this orientation and right the picture. Apple does this so that the camera is ready for the next picture quickly, instead of correcting the orientation. The way to avoid this may seem un-natural, but if you take a photo with the volume button on the downside, you pictures will come out and post right side up. Most people take the photo with the volumn button on top.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Marie, there is a technical reason. When an iphone takes a photo, it does not reorient it to the right way round, instead it includes orientation info in the metadata. Apple apps are able to read this orientation and right the picture. Apple does this so that the camera is ready for the next picture quickly, instead of correcting the orientation. The way to avoid this may seem un-natural, but if you take a photo with the volume button on the downside, you pictures will come out and post right side up. Most people take the photo with the volumn button on top.
Walter, when I post pictures on Facebook I never have a problem ... and, often I am posting the same pictures. It's only on SM that I have encountered problems. I think Lynn told me she sometimes has the same problem, too.

However, I just took some photo with your instructions ... and, will see what happens when I post them here.

And, it worked! So, from now on I will try and remember to take pictures upside down for SM. I swear I only have to do it for SM.

Thank you, Walter, for your help. :tender:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Facebook may be able to read the metadata that is embedded in the picture. Just remember, take the picture with the volume buttons down, that way you will always avoid a frown. Sorry, I could not resist.

I think that is way sometimes they are upright and sometimes they are upside down - it depends on the orientation of the camera.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Facebook may be able to read the metadata that is embedded in the picture. Just remember, take the picture with the volume buttons down, that way you will always avoid a frown. Sorry, I could not resist.

Yeah, I am sure you couldn't resist. :)

I think that is way sometimes they are upright and sometimes they are upside down - it depends on the orientation of the camera.
I know you are right ... it worked after you told me what to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.