Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our little guy Oscar is 17 weeks old and we just recently noticed a pink colored "Growth"/Large Pimple with what seems to have a white head on his chin under his jaw....It seems soft and it bothers him somewhat when I go to touch it. Some people have asked if it can be tick, he does not go out or have interaction with other dogs. He is an indoor dog He is due to go ot the vet at the end of the month for his rabies shot. We will have it examined then. Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
When I see stuff like that I always go to the vet right away. It could be a bite that needs some medication... I would have the vet take a look or at least call and describe the problem....

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I thought I remembered something about a "pimple" too! I know my brother's rottie had it and it was called "canine acne". He had to get medication for it.

EDIT: They were only on his chin. Not a lot, just a few.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
are there any more pimples elsewhere? parker had a staph infection..i thought they were only on his neck, then when i got in the right lighting i could see them on his legs and tummy. is there any hair loss? the cause can be a few things. its best to go to ur vet for a thourough exam to make sure there are no other problems. he might need to do a skin scrape to check for mites, or a hair culture to check for a fungus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts