Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...

Last night I was cleaning Daezies face and I notice 4 bumps like pimples on her forehead, right between the eyes. I don't know how else to discribe them but they look like pimples after you try to squeeze it out, then is crusty and a little bloody with white/yelloish stuff. Do you know what I mean.

they are alittle smaller than the size of a lentile.

I don;t think anything bite her or at least I didnt notice her in pain or anything like that. so I was thinking they might be pimples?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Lady had one of these recently on her back and her vet told me it was an infected hair follicle. It got quite big and red over several months. She just "expressed" it - in other words, popped it.

Apparently it can be associated with food allergies.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
yeah dogs can get pimples, before i got sunny when i was looking into dogs breeds i was intrested in getting one of them was the chinese crested they are hairless dogs and a dog proublem people who own them have is they get acne and why they do it really shows (i figured tear staining was easier to deal with then acne lol) so yeah its totally normal just you dont notice it on most dogs becuase all of the hair

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Alex is prone to get little "pimples" inside his thighs and around the pecker area. They did a scratching and it came back as staph infection. The treatment was with Clavamox. But I found out that I could get rid of them by pressing them open and applying isopropyl alcohol 91% to the area. We have not used Clavamox since. But we are lucky that the pimples stay localized to that area, so it's just a small area to treat. Some dogs have staph infections all over the body.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Nov 29 2004, 06:54 PM
Alex is prone to get little "pimples" inside his thighs and around the pecker area. They did a scratching and it came back as staph infection. The treatment was with Clavamox. But I found out that I could get rid of them by pressing them open and applying isopropyl alcohol 91% to the area. We have not used Clavamox since. But we are lucky that the pimples stay localized to that area, so it's just a small area to treat. Some dogs have staph infections all over the body.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19271
[/QUOTE]

i had a dog that used to get staph infections all the time he would like get food allergies then scratch it was not cool

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have a vet appt. but I was wondering:

do you guys think she got that form the groomer? she went to the groomer on Sat morning and I don't remember her having anything on her head before sat?

Could she have pick up the infection at the groomer's?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
A lot of time skin infections are secondary to allergies, so she could be reacting to a shampoo or product the groomer used. It could be totally unrelated, too. If it is an infection, you might bring your own shampoo for the groomer to use next time or request a gentle, hypoallergenic, or oatmeal shampoo. I have to be careful about what products I use on my own dogs and client dogs because I have an allergic reaction on my hands from many of them.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the vet said, Daezie has a skin infection. the vet prescribe cefa-drops for 4 weeks, x2 a day. we have an appt on the 20th of this month to check how her condition is going.

I know for sure we are not going back to that groomer, which I think thats were she got that infection

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by ilove_d&m@Dec 7 2004, 01:52 PM
So the vet said, Daezie has a skin infection. the vet prescribe cefa-drops for 4 weeks, x2 a day. we have an appt on the 20th of this month to check how her condition is going.

I know for sure we are not going back to that groomer, which I think thats were she got that infection 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20965
[/QUOTE]

Poor little Daezie! I hope she gets better soon! You should really complain to that groomer about what happened.. I'd be way mad if Tuffy came back with a skin infection!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by ilove_d&m@Dec 7 2004, 01:52 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20965
[/QUOTE]

thats what i got for Jongee too..

but its been about 4 days since i gave the medicine, and it seems like the infections are healing up ...
im sure Daezie will heal up too

and dont go to the groomers again !!

im definately not !!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts