Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A soft slicker bursh and a comb would be enough? Or is a pin brush needed as well? I've been told to not use slicker on body, but the hair is so short that I don't see a pin brush working?? Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I have the smallest CC brush and it would be PERFECT for a puppy cut. I'm not sure what you mean by a "soft slicker" brush, mine is too stiff to use every day, I was told not to use it for general grooming as it can break the hair. I only use the comb for feet and face.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THe small CC brush that you have, is it a pin brush?

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I don't know if it's the right thing to do but when Abbey was trimmed to 2 inches, I just used the comb. Now, that she has grown out to 3 inches I use the pin brush for blow drying her and the comb for daily grooming. It seems like I miss matts if I use the pin brush alone & the comb does a better job for me.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
If you are maintaining a puppy cut, a soft slicker is fine. It will break some of the ends, but on a puppy cut that will actually make it fluffier. I purposefully use a slicker on a silky coat in a puppy cut for that reason.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have the CC pin brush and the slicker brush. Love both but for some reason Lacey does not like the slicker brush. I only use it on her legs so I tell her she has only a minute to put up with it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I like the effects of the slicker brush, even though, I was told to only use a plastic comb...which works great, especially while drying him. The pin brush is ok, but it really doesn't do that much.

I use a human eye brow comb/brush on his eye hair....it's the perfects size. He doesn't seem to mind me doing it anymore, either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts