Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

My little guy is a real puller on the leash. I'm working on that, but here's the problem:

Until I can get him to stop pulling, I have him in a harness that's more like a little jacket, and I believe its causing pin mats (matts?) in his chest and underarm area.

He loves to roll around in the grass and he seems to be able to slip pretty much any harness I've purchased.

I'd like to get him a harness thats comfy, easy for me to take on and off (but impossible for him to slip out of), will not cause matting.

Is there such a thing?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Lisa, Sound like you need a harness that's not like jacket. I
have one of those for Chloe which caused matting because
of her long coat. I also have a Bessy and Barnie for my boy
which I like. You have to make sure you get one that fits
correctly. Crystal from Pampered Pets was very helpful for
fitting my two. Hope this helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I do love him in his little jacket but yes - I do need something that's secure and doesn't cause mats.

Do you have a url for Pampered Pets? There are a billion of them in the internet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a leather step-in harness. Best thing (since mine's still a growing puppy) is that it's adjustable. They can't pull out of it. Can't remember where I bought it, as all I've done since I got her is Buy Her Stuff.
Is it the buddy-belt? The buddy belt is really great and it doesn't cause any matting in my experience. I think you can check on buddy-belts.com to find out store locations on where to buy it. It's a it more pricey but definitely worth it and lasts forever.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My malt pulls on the leash all the time too. I have a leather Buddy Belt. It is the best and I will never use anything but this product. It is secure and very gentle.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yes the buddy belt is great I want one too. People I know rave about them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry, I had to dig around in receipts to see where I got it. Here it is: dog harnesses or puppy harnesses - step in style dog harnesses with crystal bone

from Trendy Puppy. You can't really see in the photo but the top part can slide downwardd, to adjust it to the dog's size.

Piper was too small when I got her to lug around the bone charm :biggrin: but now that she is a whopping 4 pounds she prances in it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone.

I ordered the Buddy-Belt. Oh boy - its not cheap. But hopefully it will work (for him) and last forever (for my poor wallet!)

Sigh...I've spent more on Pepper in 4 months than I have on myself all year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts