Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use Pish Pads? I'm trying to switch my puppy from potty pads tp Pish Pads. She's good about peeing on them but doesn't always poo on them. Weird! Also do you think it's bad to have more than one pad down. I have one in the room where they sleep and one in the kitchen. Eventualy I will want to take the out of the kitchen but I'm worried she will keep going there. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Go back to the basic training with her for a week or two to get her on track.

I keep a pad upstairs and one in the kitchen. I thought about taking the one up in the kitchen, but it is no big deal so I leave it down. If I pick up the pad, the dogs don't go there.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by barbi0000@Feb 6 2005, 11:14 AM
Does anyone use Pish Pads?  I'm trying to switch my puppy from potty pads tp Pish Pads.  She's good about peeing on them but doesn't always poo on them. Weird!  Also do you think it's bad to have more than one pad down. I have one in the room where they sleep and one in the kitchen.  Eventualy I will want to take the out of the kitchen but I'm worried she will keep going there. Any thoughts?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33776
[/QUOTE]

Whats the difference between Pish Pads & Potty Pads? Ive never used them so I dont know.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
ARen't pish pads the washable kind?

I do good to keep my regular laundry up
...I don't want to have to worry about keeping wee pads washed!
I like the disposable myself.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Feb 6 2005, 02:30 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33829
[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine saving them up to wash them either. Something about having dirty pee pads in the washer and dryer where regular items will be sounds sort of disgusting.... I guess there is nothing wrong with it, really, but just the idea of it........

·
Registered
227 Posts

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33829
We use the Pish Pads.....to put into one of those dog litter boxes. The only draw back I see with them is, the moisture from the urine does not "wick away" too quick, leaving a damp feel. We do wash them in the washer but I just hang them to dry. They are about the same thickness as a bath matt, and the top layer is a very compact soft texture. My girls will use whatever I put in the box to do their business, be that an incontinence pad or the Pish Pad. As with any indoor training pad you just have to keep the area clean.
It is my understanding that the PP were created more for the Show Dogs as a nice alternative, in crates and X-Pens, and even for the raising and training of puppies. They lay flat and dont slip around.
***I can see where this product would be a blessing for the handler/owner of Maltese traveling to various shows.
***The best deal I have found for incontinence pads is at Sams club, they are large enough to fold in half, place in the box, and than flip over when needed. Way thicker and more absorbant than what you buy at Pet Smart called Wee Wee Pads.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by KathleensMaltese@Feb 6 2005, 06:34 PM
***The best deal I have found for incontinence pads is at Sams club, they are large enough to fold in half, place in the box, and than flip over when needed. Way thicker and more absorbant than what you buy at Pet Smart called Wee Wee Pads.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33852
[/QUOTE]

With two dogs that potty indoors 99% of the time, I spend a ton on pads and would like to find some that are less expensive than the ones I'm paying $26 for a pack of 50 from PetSmart.

I have friends who are Sam's Club members who could get those for me but you say they can be turned over. Is there not a plastic backing on them? The plastic keeps the pads from leaking on the floor. Could you tell me about the Sam's Club pads... which department are they in, brand, quantity in the package, pad size, etc. and I'll have someone pick some up for me. Thank you so much!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I use people incontinence pads. I buy 150 pads for 38$ shipping included size 23" x 36". I cannot tell you about the Sam's Club pads, but the ones I use have a plastic backing, you cannot turn them over. But that does not mean that they are 100% leak proof. That's why I use also a plastic tray. I also buy incontinence pads at HEB 30" x 36". I put the big one in the tray and the smaller one half way on top. Most of the time I have to change only the smaller one.

I have the pads only at ONE place. BUT I don't have an upstair. If we are doing something in the laundry room and I have to change the pads place, Alex will NOT go on them. After realizing that he has not done his business for a while I have to kick him out to do it. He is very peculiar. This is his personal toilet and he won't go anywhere else in the house.

·
Registered
227 Posts
With two dogs that potty indoors 99% of the time, I spend a ton on pads and would like to find some that are less expensive than the ones I'm paying $26 for a pack of 50 from PetSmart.

I have friends who are Sam's Club members who could get those for me but you say they can be turned over. Is there not a plastic backing on them? The plastic keeps the pads from leaking on the floor. Could you tell me about the Sam's Club pads... which department are they in, brand, quantity in the package, pad size, etc. and I'll have someone pick some up for me. Thank you so much!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33857

Comfort Shape™ Underpads

See larger image
$22.87 this is for 150 pads

Made of absorbant cellulose - all materials are free from natural latex
Underpads with fluff
Polypropylene backing
Skin-friendly Integra mat bonding
Regular absorbency
Infection control
Strong white facing
Diamond embossing
Dri Bed™ protection
Ideal as a bed pad or as a chair pad
120 underpads
Dimensions: 23" x 36"

Adult incontinence pads, they are found at Sams in the personal needs isle with the Depends undergarmets. They are also online, but than you have the additional shipping charges. I tried to post the link, but for some reason it wont let me

Samsclub.com

What I do is fold it and place it in my "dog litter box"< this is a litter box specifically for dogs. Your suposed to add the dog litter and use it that way, but I hated the thought of little pellets and having my girls step on them and expect them to pee or poo
Kinda like walking on my stone covered driveway barefoot! IMO
Anyway, I use the clorox wipes to wipe the box clean each time I change the pad.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33857

Comfort Shape™ Underpads

See larger image
$22.87 this is for 150 pads

Made of absorbant cellulose - all materials are free from natural latex
Underpads with fluff
Polypropylene backing
Skin-friendly Integra mat bonding
Regular absorbency
Infection control
Strong white facing
Diamond embossing
Dri Bed™ protection
Ideal as a bed pad or as a chair pad
120 underpads
Dimensions: 23" x 36"

Adult incontinence pads, they are found at Sams in the personal needs isle with the Depends undergarmets. They are also online, but than you have the additional shipping charges. I tried to post the link, but for some reason it wont let me

Samsclub.com

What I do is fold it and place it in my "dog litter box"< this is a litter box specifically for dogs. Your suposed to add the dog litter and use it that way, but I hated the thought of little pellets and having my girls step on them and expect them to pee or poo
Kinda like walking on my stone covered driveway barefoot! IMO
Anyway, I use the clorox wipes to wipe the box clean each time I change the pad.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33882
Thanks so much for this info... the 23 x 36 size should be perfect since the width of the spot between a wall and cabinets is 36". Right now I use four 23" x 24" paas at a time... they don't last too long... This way, I can use two. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I buy a box of 200 pads from ebay. It is 36.00 or 38.00 with shipping. I don't know if this beats sams club, but I like it. I think the actual purchase is 16.00...but the shipping is 17 something to me. It might be cheaper to you. The ebay name is gloho. He carries them quite often.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I get the Assurance brand human pads from Walmart. They are $5.33 a package. The # in the package depends on the size pad. I use a larger pad (23 X 36) and they come 18 to a package. They are the cheapest I've found.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts