Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm seriously eyeing these pish pads that are on C&M Maltese's site. They're pricey though.

Anyone have them? personal stories and experience welcomed!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I wonder if bleach harms them any?

I have a problem (maybe a stupid one
) with putting the wee pads in the washer, unless I can bleach them.
I like my throw away kind, and I get them VERY cheaply, but these might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I saw some this summer--they are very thin and made of an interesting material, for lack of a better word to describe them.

We don't use wee wee pads, but in my opinion, I wouldn't have any problem throwing them into the washing machine. I mean, if Toby pees on a rug, I have to put that in the washing machine. Just another way to think about it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 8 2005, 02:26 PM
I saw some this summer--they are very thin and made of an interesting material, for lack of a better word to describe them.

We don't use wee wee pads, but in my opinion, I wouldn't have any problem throwing them into the washing machine.  I mean, if Toby pees on a rug, I have to put that in the washing machine.  Just another way to think about it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118021
[/QUOTE]
I don't think i would have a problem washing it either. Heck the girls have peed, pooped and puked on my bedding enough. I had to wash my duvet last night because one of them pooped on it during the middle of the night.
That part is getting really old. I think I've had to wash my bedding like ten times since september due to pee, poop or puke. I'm trying to make sure I take the girls out right before we go to bed and to also walk them around outside so they have plenty of time to go. Sorry for rambling.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use disposables right now but they get pricey. I can save that money for any rainy-day medical fund because I will have 2 maltese by the end of this month and if something happens (god forbid) I want to be able to provide the high cost of any urgent health care for them.

I think someone told me that they someone rid the odor... I'm really interested because I can invest in a ROLL (over $100) and cut it into different sizes. That would last me a while.

At the rate of buying pads (even the hospital ones, not doggy pads) It could cost over $500 at the end of the year. And that is a low estimate...

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I bought some a year ago. I really like them. They wash up nicely, and dry in minutes. I cut one and put it in a very small area where Frankie likes to pee for privacy. I always forget about that one, so when I do remember, it's pretty full by then, but doesn't smell at all. As I've said, mine are a year old, and still like new. I'm sure they will last another year or two.

I wouldn't recommend bleach. The smell might keep them from using it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He likes to pee in privacy? How CUTE!

It's always funny when I walk into the room and find Paris using #2 on the pad. The look on his face is priceless. It's like "OH! I thought I was alone for a second"

He then proceeds to turn around so his butt isn't facing me...

It makes me say, OOPS excuse me, didn't know you were on the potty...
I swear other people may think im crazy.

thanks for your experience. I think I may just bite down and buy some.

Oh yeah, how about tracking? Does it really suck the pee down fast so the dog doesnt track pee off the pad?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Originally posted by 3Maltmom@Nov 8 2005, 04:37 PM
I bought some a year ago.  I really like them.  They wash up nicely, and dry in minutes.  I cut one and put it in a very small area where Frankie likes to pee for privacy.  I always forget about that one, so when I do remember, it's pretty full by then, but doesn't smell at all.  As I've said, mine are a year old, and still like new.  I'm sure they will last another year or two.

I wouldn't recommend bleach.  The smell might keep them from using it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118054
[/QUOTE]

That was really helpful. I can find disposable ones here in Mexico but they are 30 dlls per 25 pads, which i think it`s too expensive.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Nov 8 2005, 11:46 AM

I like my throw away kind, and I get them VERY cheaply, but these might be worth looking into.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118007
[/QUOTE]

I have said this before and I am not trying to offend anyone, but I wouldn't be able to wash those in the same machine as I wash my clothes especially more than one time. Yes, Miko had a few accidents over last few years but they were on the carpet or in his bed ... which we either threw away or soaked first before running through machine. I am a pretty messy person (not a neat freak by any means) but that's just a little too much even for me!!!
Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Originally posted by okw+Nov 8 2005, 11:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Nov 8 2005, 11:46 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118007
I have said this before and I am not trying to offend anyone, but I wouldn't be able to wash those in the same machine as I wash my clothes especially more than one time. Yes, Miko had a few accidents over last few years but they were on the carpet or in his bed ... which we either threw away or soaked first before running through machine. I am a pretty messy person (not a neat freak by any means) but that's just a little too much even for me!!!
Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118169
[/B][/QUOTE]

GOOD POINT, i hadn`t thought of that...

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
OKW--I'm not offended, but what would you do if Miko peed on a rug? To me, pee is just pee.

I am a germ freak, my house is always wiped down with bleach but thinking of Toby peeing on something and washing it in the washer just doesn't bother me. LOL

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Nichole...honestly since Miko is 2.5 yrs old, he hasn't had an accident in a very long time. Last time he had an accident was after having surgery on both knees and he couldn't stand so he held in his pee for over 36 hrs. He finally peed in his bed which we just threw away. Prior to that it was probably a year since having any peeing accidents.

We don't have rugs but rather carpets and we just would clean the accident by soaking it up with paper towels and then spraying with a cleaning solution over and over -- but you should know that we live in rental apartments so we know that we would move on to another place. Due to school reasons, we have relocated at least every 2 years but even more often than that lately. Maybe once we have a permanent home and maybe have expensive rugs then we will change our mind. Hopefully by then we will have kids so maybe the whole idea of pee and poop will change meaning!!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I use the nursing home pads, and they are great. I get them free as my homes give me the worn ones. I do put them in my washing machine, along with other dog bedding. If you are squemish about your washer, just run a load of water with bleach through without clothes before you do your own laundry.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Originally posted by okw@Nov 8 2005, 11:54 PM
Hopefully by then we will have kids so maybe the whole idea of pee and poop will change meaning!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118176
[/QUOTE]
I think you are probably right!

When I have stuff that I don't want to put in my washer, I take it to the laundry mat. My brother had a snowsuit that he used when he went four-wheeling. He got it covered with mud and small pebbles. I took it to the laundry mat and washed it.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have kids, so I know about pee/poop. One pee problem and putting it in the washer doesn't bother me...but several pees on there would gross me out in my washer. I would have to buy enough pish pads to wash them every day.
And I am the opposite of Nichole, I am not a neat freak by any means, but for some reason washing the soaked (with more than just one accident) pads in my washing machine bothers me-especially if I could not bleach them.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok. I have just called C&M (and they are so NICE, seriously!) and placed an order for the 24" x 5 yards roll for $75 ($90 including shipping).

I'll add my personal feedback upon use. I have a feeling that this would a great product.

I'm all for the odor control

Excited! Baby boy coming home 2 days before Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
49 Posts
:D We have been using phish pads for about 6 months now. We have two pups just over 1 year old. We are very satisfied with them. Our dogs are mostly inside and very rarely do they have a woops. The pads last a really long time. We have a clean set on hand and alternate when one needs laundering. No harm to washer or other clothes..Hope they work as well for you
Len
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Nov 9 2005, 02:55 PM
Ok. I have just called C&M (and they are so NICE, seriously!) and placed an order for the 24" x 5 yards roll for $75 ($90 including shipping).

I'll add my personal feedback upon use.  I have a feeling that this would a great product.

I'm all for the odor control 

Excited! Baby boy coming home 2 days before Thanksgiving!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118390
[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 54 Posts