Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I loved Allie's picture the other day....such beautiful place settings and china and glasses....so very pretty :wub:

So yesterday I thought I'd try my hand at it :blush: My house isn't very formal, it's more like a cottage and I don't have the linens I'd like (this year) but this is how I fed 12 people in my tiny house...

View attachment 91756

View attachment 91757

A couple of the kids (teenagers) sat here...
View attachment 91758

And this table worked out just fine for four more.
View attachment 91759

Allie, if you see this....this is my favorite bowl...it is my style :innocent:
View attachment 91760

You probably can't see it in the pictures, but I LOVE pretty wine glasses, so each person got a different glass.

Oh, and it came out a bit dark, but here are a few of my tea cups - the rest are scattered around in my china closet.
View attachment 91761

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday! My 30 lb bird came out absolutely delicious and juicy!!! :chili:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh Pat, your table is lovely and your turkey is HUGH! Love it and love you....enjoy that vacation. I will be thinking of you. Have fun with your lady friends and bring us back lots of pictures!!!:chili:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Love it

Pat:

I love your cottage! and your settings look great! hope everyone had good time. We did. I had 14 of my Residents in training over here! so I had a full house! my hands are RAW from cleaning up!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Pat,

It looks devine and inviting! The Turkey looks *perfect*

I love to mix and match china and crystal and even flatware - I do color outside of the lines . . . (once in a while) :)

Have a FUN, exciting, and a little naughty - vacation!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Pat - just perfect.:thumbsup: Having been there I can really see it all. Such a change from that puppy party where there was food all over that table, buffet style as everyone brought something.:aktion033:Still makes me smile. But this makes me feel warm and homey and like what Thanksgiving is all about.:wub:

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pat - just perfect.:thumbsup: Having been there I can really see it all. Such a change from that puppy party where there was food all over that table, buffet style as everyone brought something.:aktion033:Still makes me smile. But this makes me feel warm and homey and like what Thanksgiving is all about.:wub:
Sue, the buffet was all over the counter this year!!! :HistericalSmiley: Tons of food!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Sue, the buffet was all over the counter this year!!! :HistericalSmiley: Tons of food!!!!!!!
I know, Pat. When you have that many people you just can't start with the passing of the dishes around or everything will be ice cold. Last night our hosts did a buffet too and kept the food hot in the kitchen. It was all so good there was lots of sneaking away for thirds and fourths. :w00t: I made two giant dishes of stuffing and they were a big hit. Here were two of our contributions: apple pie and choc chip cherry cookies my DH made:

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yummmmmm......two of my favorites!!!! They look great! I made two pumpkin pies, but forgot to take pictures :unsure:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Pat, the tables look wonderful and sooooo inviting. Now about that 30 lb. turkey ... I may be making a quick trip to NJ sometime in January. Will there still be some leftovers????

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pat, the tables look wonderful and sooooo inviting. Now about that 30 lb. turkey ... I may be making a quick trip to NJ sometime in January. Will there still be some leftovers????
The turkey is gone! Can you believe it?!!!! :w00t: Everyone got a nice size doggie bag to take home and my daughter just stopped in and took 1/2 of what we had left :blink:.....there goes the turkey soup......

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Oh Pat everything looks perfect! And that turkey!! Wow!! It's beautiful. You and Sue are actually making me hungry again...when I thought I wouldn't be hungry for a few days. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts