Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it's bad to have your dog feed out of plastic bowls cus of allergic reactions...my question is, how can you tell if they're allergic to it? My puppy feeds out of ceramic bowls, but her puppy box is plastic (one of those plastic storage containers with one side cut out..we put the potty pad in there to help her not pee at the very edge and onto the floor) and the potty box is right next to her bed. I found teeth marks on the top of it and saw her chewing at it once. I know she sometimes still scrapes the top with her mouth when I'm not there, and I don't know if this is bad for her. She's not strong enough to break off chunks of the plastic, and I dont' think she'll ever be. I'm just worried about what the plastic contact can do to her?

Should I check for signs around the mouth??

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
It is not so much like an allergy to pollen, but constant contact with the face commonly causes dermatitis and can also leach the pigment. Plastic food bowls also get scrapes and hold bacteria. I would discourage her from chewing her box but I wouldn't worry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts