Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hI ALL I AM LOVING HAVing these 2 cuties here with me but i never had 2 dogs at once so here it goes ,to those of you who have 2 mallts , when they play they will pounce from side to side bite and growl and each other grab each others necks at the top the puppy will pull on chicos beard. and they will bark at each other too they are very nosiey
ok so i am a worry wart does this seem like normal play to you chico is 10 months buddy is 11 weeks . also chico has undoubtaly put buddy in his place when he has had enough by really growling at him and snaped at him twice since he has been here (8 days) they do have there quiet time alone and chico will come sit on my lap. i treat him as top dog always . thanks in advance
~ Denise

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Sometimes I see Sadie dragging Sassy by her ear. Other times Sassy is hanging onto Sadie's tail for dear life. They make noises like crazy. As long as there is no yelping then I feel OK about it. According to the book we've been reading, Culture Clash, this type of play helps them learn the soft mouth and ultimately makes them have better play with us. After mine tussle, chase and tumble then drop to the ground and sleep for a while, before starting up again. I really enjoy watching the play.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Feb 26 2005, 11:18 PM
Sometimes I see Sadie dragging Sassy by her ear.  Other times Sassy is hanging onto Sadie's tail for dear life.  They make noises like crazy.  As long as there is no yelping then I feel OK about it.  According to the book we've been reading, Culture Clash, this type of play helps them learn the soft mouth and ultimately makes them have better play with us.  After mine tussle, chase and tumble then drop to the ground and sleep for a while, before starting up again.  I really enjoy watching the play.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38051
[/QUOTE]

Why DO they drag them by the ears?!
Brinkley does that to Spencer Cat...
. Spencer seems to tolerate it...he meows and growls and carries on...until he has had enough...and then he jumps up high or over the gate. But it LOOKS and SOUNDS really rough at times!
I have noticed that when Brink plays with Littles Cat (who has claws) he can get closer now...it is like both of them have learned how to play gently. She rarely puts her claws out with him now...but he still doesn't play with her as rough as he does Spencer who has no claws...I guess he knows she COULD use those claws if she wanted to!

Anyway, I think watching him play with the cats is interesting and entertaining...I am sure it is with your babies as well...

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi all yes i love waching them play i was just alittle scared becuse they can get pretty nosiey sometimes
but as long as i know its all play i am fine with that chico made the puppy yelp once since he was here buddy is fiester then chico
but chico is 7 pounds . i was looking on the web for help but didnt find too much what books are you reading? ~ Denise

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sylphide loves to play rough with us and has all kinds of pretend growls but they are all in fun. Now that we have 2, Shrek is just cracking us up - he is so so so fast and furious with Sylphide, she almost doesn't know what to do about it. They play a fierce game of chase and catch...Shrek is much rougher than Sylphide, who seems to understand that he is a baby and plays gentle. We figure that she'll let him know when he crosses the line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts