Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tyler has been having tummy issues, so the doctor is performing an endoscopy today. I'm leaving in a few minutes to take him to the hospital and I'll need to leave him there most of the day. I'm very, very worried. I'm hoping your positive thoughts will help--hopefully, it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Sending prayers for Tyler and Mommy that all is ok.

·
Premium Member
17,218 Posts
Kim, I will be thinking of you & Tyler today---I know we all hate to leave them & after my experience in MASS & TX. I just don't trust anyone. Let us know any news, please!

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Kim, I am just seeing this. I hope sweet Tyler is okay. Please update when you can. I am home if you want to call.

Sending love and hugs to you, Tyler, and Trisse.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone--I didn't have a chance to check here all day. I went to work and it was crazy busy--I took Trissie with me. It's around 5:15 now--I just got home about 10 minutes ago. The doctor didn't call until 3:15. It looks like there's no cancer--thank God. However, his small intestine is irregular, so my doctor is doing a couple of biopsies. He is leaning towards Inflammatory Bowel Disease--we'll know the results Tuesday or Wednesday. The treatment may be medicine and diet, which is going to be hard because Tyler hates everything except his Vital Beef and Bison roll. He'd like me to participate in a study that the hospital is doing, so I will. It has to do with blood markers to ultimately detect Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Thanks for all of your support--I firmly believe positive thinking helps. I'll let you know what the results are next week.

In the meantime, he ate a little bit and is really happy to be happy.

BTW, thank you Trissie for peeing all over the couch (thank God it's leather and we keep a cover on it!!! LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm glad he did ok and that it seems to be treatable. And of course Triassic wants to keep you on your toes!

Thanks. I'll know more when the biopsy results are back, but it seems so!

She certainly does keep me on my toes-I'm turning into a ballerina!!!

·
Premium Member
17,218 Posts
Yay-no cancer!
Trissie was probably stressed too---they pick up on stress fast.
OK Tyler ---eat your food.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yay-no cancer!
Trissie was probably stressed too---they pick up on stress fast.
OK Tyler ---eat your food.
I know, that's a huge relief!!! If he does have IBD, then it seems it's regulated with diet, so that's not awful. I stayed calm throughout the day and everyone loves her at work, so she got a lot of attention. She did get really scared at the hospital when we picked Tyler up--I think she thought she was getting examined. Usually, they both go right to the pads when we get home if they have to go. I'll give her a pass for yesterday. It was a nutty day.

Been away for a while. Hope Tyler is ok
Thanks Michelle--hope you're feeling okay and all is well on your end.

Just seeing this Kim, I hope Tyler is feeling OK.
Good news! Hopefully they will find a good plan for his IBD if that is what it is. Joanne may have some good thoughts on this.
''

Thanks Sherry--definitely relieved it's nothing very, very serious. The doctor mentioned diet--that will be difficult with him, but we'll figure it out. We'll see what the results show Tuesday/Wednesday and also what the study will involve.

·
Premium Member
13,413 Posts
oh just read the part about peeing on the couch....lovely! glad you gave her a pass lol....and it was covered, yikes.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts