Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sitting here ready to cry. Felix just left with Snowball to see Krisi, our vet. It's been almost two days since Snowball has eaten anything. He is in pain now ... because he has been making little whimpering sounds and sighs. Also, right before leaving, he let out a big belch. I am especially worried because he will not drink any water. He actually growled at us and pretended like he would bite us (he didn't bite) when we tried to give him some Pepcid yesterday ... and, then he spit most of it out when we resorted to a syringe)

Snowball has been trying all through the night to make a BM. I can't count the times that he went over to his pad through the night ... and went in circles, to no avail. He did have tiny poopies and a little bit of mucous this morning.

Anyway, Dr. Erwin (Krisi) asked to bring him in right away. She plans to do an X-ray. We were in touch with Krisi yesterday, but, things just seem to have gotten worse today.

I feel so bad, because I could not make the trip with him. Another story. In the mean time ... please, please say prayers and think positive thoughts for my precious little guy.

I didn't want to say anything to my hubby ... but, he is always snacking on something (hubby) ... and, I am so afraid when Snowball was with him, that Snowball might have, God forbid, gotten something into his mouth that could be causing an obstruction or serious tummy upset. (I'm thinking pop-corn kernals) Please don't take this as my being critical of my husband ... I realize it could be something else, or even something Snowball picked up when with me ... although I keep an eye on him like a hawk.

Please forgive my rambling ... I am just so upset and very worried. I really couldn't handle if something happened to Snowball. I am so in love with this little guy.

Marie

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Marie I understand your worry and we will certainly keep Snowball and you in our thoughts and prayers. Try not to worry until your hear news from the vet. Sending lots of warm thoughts your way. Hugs......

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Oh Marie poor little Snowball! Yes of course prayers are being said for him as well as for his mommy and daddy. And Dr. Krisi that she'll be able to accurately diagnose what's going on and get him immediate help and relief. Please let us know as soon as you hear anything. And you do not sound critical of anyone at all. You sound like a very worried mommy trying to think of anything to help figure out how to help your precious little boy. :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
:grouphug: Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Snowball. I'm sure
the vet will take good care of him. Your little one
is in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
17,498 Posts
Saying prayers for little baby! Just remember that God created him and gave him to you! He can take care of him. I hope they can diagnose his stool stress-- how painful for him!
hugs to you---try to think positive until you know anything.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I hope that Snowball has an easy ailment to fix, and that he is soon home with you where he belongs.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Heavenly Father, you have promised that you would be with us, Matthew 18 :20 " where two or three are gathered in My name, there am I with them", Lord be with Snowball, you know exactually what is wrong, touch his body, bring your calmness to his little spirit. Be with Felix, give him a clear mind, and keep him safe as he is driving. Lord thank you for being beside Marie this very moment, calm her Lord, give her your peace that passes all understanding. Help her to rest in your precious arms. Give the vet your wisdom and tenderness as she cares for little Snowball. I pray this is nothing serious, and Snowball will be back to his little self in his mommy's arms this day. I KNOW you hear our prayers, I thank you for the healing that is taking place this moment. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Oh Marie, I feel your fear, I just want to cry. I wish I could be there to wrap my arms around you and to pray with you, I want you to know I am with you in Spirit. Please call me later when you find out what is going on. I love you

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
(((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))

Big prayers for the little guy just left Oklahoma headed for heaven.
Poor baby :(
I don't think anyone thought you were being critical hun, it's human nature to try to imagine every possible scenario to try to figure it out. I don't think even HE would think that.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Marie, something similar recenty happend with my Lola. She was also trying to poop and circling and very uncomfortable. I took her straight to the vet too. She did stay a couple of days on IV's etc. It was just gastritis. Very uncomfortable for the dog. They had her on only IV for a day and then introduced bland food slowly. She is completely recovered. Hoping for the same for sweet Snowball!

1 - 20 of 173 Posts