Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Pumpkin can be used for loose stools and constipation. Works great for both.
Jane, do you use pumpkin just when there is a problem with the stools?

How are you and Snowball feeling today...hopefully both of you got some good rest :)
Thank you, Eileen. :tender: Both Snowball and I had a great day. Snowball is eating well, playing, and is so much better. He will be on meds for another two weeks. I am keeping an eye on the licking that seems to happen close to when it is time for his meals. I think it's the acid building up in his tummy ... so, we are giving him smaller meals three times a day for now. We might have to add in another smaller meal.

Marie -- I'm so happy that Snowball seems to be better and that he's making his poopies.

Just a word about your Aunt. Many people, when they get older, become irrational in ways we never expected. They become judgemental, cranky, demanding and unreasonable. I know so many friends that have been hurt by older (old) relatives who they were close too. It sometimes seems that older people sometimes get mean spirtied. I doubt that they even realize it -- it just happens for some unknown reason.

My mother was a saint throughout her life. She was always upbeat even thought she had a very hard life. But as she aged, she became extremely impatient. I saw my own mother act in ways I know she never meant to. She would have been so embarrassed if she had realized how she sounded.

Please don't be too hurt by your Aunt. And try to remember how she was when she was younger. :)
Thank you so much, Lynn, for taking time to share your thoughts about my aunt. I am so grateful that some of you are sharing your thoughts and experiences about this. I really take it to heart, and especially with Snowball having been sick. It's hard to explain, but, I do worry about losing Snowball. And, I am very protective of him ... and, feel the need to defend him. He is such a wonderful and loving dog. And, because I was so close to my aunt, I felt, or feel, as though I am losing her. But, your words have helped me put things more into perspective. Thank you, again, Lynn. :tender:
Jayne pumpkin works both ways !
So, Janine, do you recommend a little pumpkin daily, or just when our babies are having stool problems?

Marie just checkin in to see how Snowball is doing, I pray he is back to his old self soon. I do hope your getting rest. Love you
Thank you, sweet Paula. :tender:Yes, Snowball is a lot better. Still on meds for two more weeks, but, so far, he seems to be handling them a lot better than I expected. And, yes, I am getting some rest.
Thank you for checking in on us. I love you, too, Paula. :wub::smootch:

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
So glad to read that Snowball has poopied & is doing better.:chili: What a time you 2 have had.Hopefully your little sweet boy will be completely back to normal real soon. As for the letter from your aunt,you can always just throw it away without reading it. She may already be sorry she wrote it. Just keep on spoiling little Snowball,it's perfectly normal.:hugging:

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Marie so happy to read Snowball is doing much better..Thanks be to God that our baby's are better.
Thank you, Kathy. My only concern this morning is that yesterday he did NOT have a BM. I am surprised because he ate well and was very playful. So, if he doesn't go soon ..then it's back to a worried Mommy here. : (

(I'm on my iPad ... so, I'll answer the other posts a little later)

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Marie you are not alone Baci's made very little yesterday and another olive size today .I'm just hoping that it will get more normal as the days pass. I'm just glad that I'm still on Vacation this week so i can keep a close eye.Next week when I'm at work my mother will be with him at home.
Out of the 3 weeks i have been off if i didn't have a little break in Miami this happened the very next morning i came back. i was supposed to visit my cousin for a few days that out..I would never leave my baby not even with my mother for a few days..
I love Baci so much as you do your baby so i can not understand how your Aunt can say the things she did to you .thats another whole subject that I'm sure you will handle she was so wrong to do that to you especially while Snowball was sick..Kathy xo

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
*Marie*

I just now read your post - I am so happy that ~Snowball~ is feeling better.

Marie, I make my own treats - and I do add pumpkin to them (which means my fluffs get pumpkin everyday.)

You're in my thoughts -

Hugs,

Allie

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Marie, I'm so happy that sweet little Snowball is doing better!!! You must be so relieved! The pumpkin really does do wonders doesn't it? I heard about it on this forum and have used it for Bailey with great results.

Regarding your aunt, I just LOVE everything that Sandi said above. She said everything that I was thinking as I read your post about your aunt's letter - but she expressed it much better than I could have.
Thank you, Nida. :tender:
Yes, the pumpkin is great! It's interesting that, thank God, Snowball has suddenly taken a liking to pumpkin. His tastes have changed from about six months ago when I tried it. He'd put his nose up to it than. Now, he acts like it is a treat!

How are you and Snowball feeling today...hopefully both of you got some good rest :)
We're much better, Eileen. He's eating and sleeping well. And, wants to play.
And, although he went one more day without you know what ... he went the next day. Whew!

Thank you, Eileen, for asking about us. :tender:

Marie -- I'm so happy that Snowball seems to be better and that he's making his poopies.

Just a word about your Aunt. Many people, when they get older, become irrational in ways we never expected. They become judgemental, cranky, demanding and unreasonable. I know so many friends that have been hurt by older (old) relatives who they were close too. It sometimes seems that older people sometimes get mean spirtied. I doubt that they even realize it -- it just happens for some unknown reason.

My mother was a saint throughout her life. She was always upbeat even thought she had a very hard life. But as she aged, she became extremely impatient. I saw my own mother act in ways I know she never meant to. She would have been so embarrassed if she had realized how she sounded.

Please don't be too hurt by your Aunt. And try to remember how she was when she was younger. :)
Thank you, Lynn. :tender:

As for my aunt ... the letter came today. I will start another thread about it. Several of you have been so kind to give me feedback on her ... so, I will share more of the story on another thread. Give me the next day or two though ... I am so tired and plan to go to bed a little earlier.

Please know though, that I appreciate you sharing your own personal experiences because it really helps right now.

It's called senile, dementia or Alzheimer. They don't realize they are that way. And if you have never been around people like this, you don't realize they are sick. You just think they are getting mean.
I really want to start the other thread about the experience with my aunt. I find this whole thing interesting and I want to learn more about it.

Marie, i'm glad to hear that Snowball is doing so much better.
Thank you so much, Debbie. :tender:We had a really great day ... even when we got caught outside in the thundershowers!

just saw this.. so happy snowball is doing better
Thank you! :tender:

so happy to hear that snowball is doing so much better!!
Thank you, Tami! :tender:

YEAH!!!! So glad that Snowball is feeling better and that he had a gret trip to Curves!!
Thank you, Erin! :tender: We were over at Curve's again today and he was just fine. The owner of Curve's is totally in love with Snowball. :wub:

So glad to read that Snowball has poopied & is doing better.:chili: What a time you 2 have had.Hopefully your little sweet boy will be completely back to normal real soon. As for the letter from your aunt,you can always just throw it away without reading it. She may already be sorry she wrote it. Just keep on spoiling little Snowball,it's perfectly normal.:hugging:
Thank you so much, Sue. :tender:
As for my aunt ... look for a new thread on that. I decided to start the new thread because several of you have given me wonderful feedback, and I have really appreciated that so much. I will share a little more of the story on the new thread (in the next day or two).

im sooo glad snowball is doing better !!! :)
Thank you, Liza. :tender:
*Marie*

I just now read your post - I am so happy that ~Snowball~ is feeling better.

Marie, I make my own treats - and I do add pumpkin to them (which means my fluffs get pumpkin everyday.)

You're in my thoughts -

Hugs,

Allie
Awww ... thank you, Allie. :tender: If you don't mind, can you PM me with the treat recipe?

Prayers for Snowball.
Thank you, Jo. :tender: I have missed seeing you on SM. I hope I haven't missed any of your threads.

Oh great! Snowball delivered and is feeling better! :chili:
Yes, he delivered! :HistericalSmiley:
Thank you, Marsha! :tender:

Marie you are not alone Baci's made very little yesterday and another olive size today .I'm just hoping that it will get more normal as the days pass. I'm just glad that I'm still on Vacation this week so i can keep a close eye.Next week when I'm at work my mother will be with him at home.
Out of the 3 weeks i have been off if i didn't have a little break in Miami this happened the very next morning i came back. i was supposed to visit my cousin for a few days that out..I would never leave my baby not even with my mother for a few days..
I love Baci so much as you do your baby so i can not understand how your Aunt can say the things she did to you .thats another whole subject that I'm sure you will handle she was so wrong to do that to you especially while Snowball was sick..Kathy xo
Well, thank goodness, Snowball is okay now. I called the vet assistant because Krisi had been out of town that day. She said they wanted to check in every day to make sure he didn't have the problem brewing again. That evening we added the brocolli back into his chicken. And, he ate the pumpkin. And, then ... voila! ... he went! :chili:

I plan to post another thread in regard to my aunt. Thank you for your feedback and support on that, Kathy.

How is Baci doing? Please give him some cuddles and kisses from his Auntie Marie. :wub:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Sweet Marie,

I sent you a PM - I'll send you some of the treats - I think that you'll love them - they are very healthly - they have - homemade fat free, salt free, chicken stock, white chicken, sweet potatoes, green beans, apples, cranberries and pumpkin.

All of the fluffs that live around us - love the treats.

Just let me know, and I'll send some of them right out to you.

Hugs,

Allie

I sent you all of my personal information via PM.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts