Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These dogs include several maltese and one yorkie. They are uncared for and look to be a puppy mill. We would hate to see these dogs go from one puppy mill to another. We are at a loss of what to do for them. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
oh no. thats soo sad. poor babies

is there any way a rescue orginazation could purchase/take them?? or a shelter? they're clearly uncared for..

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
That dog hardly even looks like a yorkie. Sorry I cant be of any help though dont really know anyone in Chicago.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Those poor dogs. I hope someone steps in and they find good homes!

I noticed ... it says they're getting out of the breeding business to open a restaurant.

If they treat their dogs horribly, I don't even want to think of the nasty things that might accidentally end up in the food they serve!

EW EW EW.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am outside of Chicago as well. I personally can't take them on at this point in time but I will help out w/what I can.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HI, me again. We were taking donations. But we are trying to get a firm answer from this lady about how much she wants and if they are still available. We have started other threads regarding these dogs. She has said they are all sold then changed her mind and said they are all still available. So we are not definate about what the status is yet. If they are still available more donations will be needed.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by chloeandj@Apr 28 2005, 04:59 PM
HI, me again. We were taking donations. But we are trying to get a firm answer from this lady about how much she wants and if they are still available. We have started other threads regarding these dogs. She has said they are all sold then changed her mind and said they are all still available. So we are not definate about what the status is yet. If they are still available more donations will be needed.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57749
[/QUOTE]

If we are able to purchase them I will offer to go get them and start them on their journey wherever they may be going.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Are you getting donations to buy the babies then find homes for them? Please let me know I'm not sure if I'm understanding this right!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the last post of this ordeal for us on yorkietalk:

"The girls are all gone. Brandy Lane is a b*tch with an attitude. I've exhausted all the avenues and am calling it quits. I asked her why the last dog, Lukie's price has gone up so much. She responded by telling me that I should find a dog in the newspaper since price is the biggest factor to me. I wished her well and told her that I hope Lukie finds a great home with someone who is willing to spend 1200 on a non spayed, non breeding quality Maltese who was obviously abused by her. I really cannot talk about this anymore. I have made myself physically ill over the last two days."

She was talked into all the dogs being purchased for one price. Homes had basically been found for them. The lady got greedy. There is one left, she wants $1200 for her now. I guess they were sold to other breeders, although we are hoping that they were taken in by people who were also as upset at her ad as we were and hope they found homes with people with patience and love. Apparently she received a lot of hate emails.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts