Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please pray 4 my babies. Maya has been throwing up and we took her into the vet. They did bloodwork on her and it looks like her kidney function is down. They are giving her IV fluids and want to see if they can flush her kidneys out. They are going to recheck her kidney function this afternoon.
Snowball has started doing the same thing so they are running a full bloodpanel on her right now.
The dr's seem to think it might be the food they are on. They are on Acana Grasslands and it might be too much protein for them to handle. I really hope my babies will be ok.

·
Premium Member
17,461 Posts
Count us in!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this!!! Could they have gotten in to any poison or something toxic?

I see that the Arcana Grasslands has 33% protein. I'm not sure what is recommended for dogs. The Castor & Pollux food I use has 26%.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I'm so sorry. I was thinking something more toxic like a poison rather than the food for them both to have this issue at the same time.Odd to hit them both at once even if eating same food at once.
Sending prayers for both of them. Please keep us updated. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
24,174 Posts
Heavenly Father, thank you for being there for us and for loving each of us. Lord I lift Maya and Snowball to you, give the vet your wisdom to figure out what is causing these babies to be so ill. Lord I ask your healing on both of these precious littleones. I thank you in advance. Bring your peace to their mommy. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

·
Registered
118 Posts
Heavenly Father, thank you for being there for us and for loving each of us. Lord I lift Maya and Snowball to you, give the vet your wisdom to figure out what is causing these babies to be so ill. Lord I ask your healing on both of these precious littleones. I thank you in advance. Bring your peace to their mommy. In Jesus name I pray. Amen
Amen!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
OMG I hope both of them will be okay. I am not surprised the vet thinks the protein level in Acana is too much for them. Acana has a bad reputation in my area. I still use it sparingly but now I am afraid cause I hear too many negative things about this food.
I really hope they are back to good health soon.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts