Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for as an adm clerk at con edison ( the electric n gas co ) here in nyc, ive been working for this company for ten yrs. I used to be a customer service rep for 7 yrs and i made the mistake of applying for an adm clerk position , i got stuck in one of those depts that you cant really grow in , unless i study engineering or design or something , anyway because i havent been a bilingual customer serv rep for over two yrs now the test has since gotten revised , so a year ago i explained to them i wanted to go back to customer operations and they told me i would need to re test. well that was about a yr ago and i failed the math part of the test i needed at least 11 i got a 10 , anyway the position got posted again and i re applied. So tomorrow i go for testing again , i dont worry about all the other parts , just the math part , im scared .. math makes me feel like this :smilie_tischkante:. anyway pls send ur prayers and good luck wishes , cause i really dont want to continue working in the dept i am in now. i would really appreciate . I wil be taking the test tomm at 8 am. thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Liza - good luck with the test. What kind of math stuff is it? Any way to review? Can your daughters help? Isn't that crazy that our kids probably know more math since they're closer to learning it. I can't believe you have to re-test and that you need math for customer service. :blink: Customer service people out there please don't take offense but some of the CS people I talk to can barely deliver a clear sentence (almost all in foreign countries) much less a math issue. But I have to say, I love really good customer service people - I've dealt with a lot for food allergies and some are just terrific and caring.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Good luck on your test.....I know what you mean about math...I've never been any good at math...But i'm a whiz at spelling and english........I'll be thinking of you....you'll do great just try not to be nervous.

Hugs, Blanche

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Good luck on your test tommorrow Liza - I'm sure you'll do fine. Its been years since I've taken a math course but maybe if its something you can review with your kids it will all come back to you - you know, like riding a bike ;-) Anyway, will be thinking of you.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys ! i dislike math so much !! but ive been taking practice tests online n brushing up .. and yes my kids now more than i do , crazy .. to susan...its crazy they make us test for it cause we never use it , ever , lets say we had to prorate an account we would input the dates and the amt of killowatts use and the computer does the prorrating , so i guess its just procedure and i understand in life you must have some basic knowledge of math , all im saying is why must i test again when i had already passed this ! i mean ive been out of school for a while , i dont remember this stuff :( im going to try my best its all i can do ..

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Thanks guys ! i dislike math so much !! but ive been taking practice tests online n brushing up .. and yes my kids now more than i do , crazy .. to susan...its crazy they make us test for it cause we never use it , ever , lets say we had to prorate an account we would input the dates and the amt of killowatts use and the computer does the prorrating , so i guess its just procedure and i understand in life you must have some basic knowledge of math , all im saying is why must i test again when i had already passed this ! i mean ive been out of school for a while , i dont remember this stuff :( im going to try my best its all i can do ..
Liza - I guess they want you to know the math so if there's a power failure and your computer goes out you can do it. :LOL::LOL::LOL: As a Con Ed customer all my life I can poke as much fun at them as I want:)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:
Liza - I guess they want you to know the math so if there's a power failure and your computer goes out you can do it. :LOL::LOL::LOL: As a Con Ed customer all my life I can poke as much fun at them as I want:)

·
Premium Member
13,437 Posts
Looks like you have been preparing...doing practise tests is a good idea. Just relax and remember to breathe, and remember too that you passed it before you can do it again.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Fingers crossed

I pray it all goes well for you tomorrow!!! please be confident. Anticipation is always the worst!!!

Just breath in through your nose and out your mouth slowly. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Heavenly Father, thank you for being with us. I ask Lord that you would be with Liza tomorrow, clear her mind, calm her spirit, help her Lord to remember her math, may she pass with your blessings. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Liza, you going to do well, get sleep sweetheart

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh Liza I am with you in disliking math! UGH!!! I hate it

I know you will do great...especially since you have been practicing...just try to remain calm and not get too frustrated!

Amen with Paula's prayer!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts