Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby is at the emergency vet. She started having diarrhea yesterday and vomited a few times. Imodium stopped the diarrhea, but she was listless and her temperature dropped very low so I rushed to to the ER vet this morning.

Her liver and kidney values are elevated and her potassium is really high. They are trying to stabilize her and get her potassium down as I guess that can cause cardiac arrest. Besides that, they aren't sure yet what we are dealing with - kidney failure, a mass on the liver, possibly Addison's disease..... They just don't know yet.

Please keep my sweet Lady in your prayers. She has been doing so well, this was so unexpected.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Oh NO!!!! :bysmilie: I will keep Lady in my prayers. I hope they can find out what is causing this. :prayer:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh, I am so sorry......Of course I will pary for Lady. I pray they can stablize her and get her better. I think there is a virus going around. CeeCee was sick with it for two days over last weekend and when Monday came, she was fine and her stools had corrected itself. Please keep us informed and take care of yourself. I know it hurts you to see her like this. God Bless :grouphug: :prayer: :prayer: :grouphug:

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
oh dear.... poor lady. you both will definitely be in my thoughts. big hugs to each of you. :grouphug:

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
:prayer: :grouphug: :prayer: :grouphug: :prayer: :grouphug: :prayer: :grouphug: :prayer: :grouphug: :prayer: :grouphug: :prayer: :grouphug: :prayer:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

1 - 20 of 346 Posts