Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very old yorkie that has a brain tumor( thats what the vet says) She is blind now can't eat and I have to feed her water from my hand. She is running into the walls and falls on her face and cries. I sat and held her for 2 hours last night and prayed God would take her to the bridge. My friends say she needs to be put down, that is a hard decision to make. Please pray to give me the strength to do the right thing by her. She is such a sweet baby and I know I will miss her. I can't stand to see her suffer. Yet I don't want to play God. Thank you all.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little one.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I am so sad for you....I think if it were my baby, I'd put him down, but I know how difficult that is...I will pray you find the strength to do what you want to do in your heart. Hugs

·
Premium Member
20,083 Posts
I have also been in this position. Think of the dog...not you.
What is the best thing for her????? It's alll about her now....and that's all....I'm sorry. It's very hard....

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
It's a very difficult thing to do, but your baby is counting on you to help make that transition. At least, that's how I see it. It's painful no matter which way you go, but she probably needs your help now. I'll keep both you and your little one in my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I have been in your position several times and it is painful. My last decision was my Yorkie,he too was old.....I had him put down because he had cancer. I can look out my window now and see his little burial spot. I put him in the garden with an obelisk over it. I plant flowers for him each year. This year I have morning glories that are growning to the very top and soon there will be lots of flowers. It is my tribute to him....he was so loved. I feel for you so much because it isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
I know all to well how hard it is to let go:crying: I prayed and prayed God would take my Muffy so I didn't have to help him make his trip to the bridge, but God gave me the strength and peace during that time, I did help Muffy, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. He was always there for me, I was there for him. I will remember you and your precious yorkie in my prayers.

Lord bless her heart, help her to have your peace that passes all understanding in her decisions. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all my friends, it has helped knowing I have all your prayers and input. As I set here crying I know that tomorrow will be the day she will go to the bridge. Thank you all you are a wonderful group here and I knew I could count on you to help me. God bless us all.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
I have a very old yorkie that has a brain tumor( thats what the vet says) She is blind now can't eat and I have to feed her water from my hand. She is running into the walls and falls on her face and cries. I sat and held her for 2 hours last night and prayed God would take her to the bridge. My friends say she needs to be put down, that is a hard decision to make. Please pray to give me the strength to do the right thing by her. She is such a sweet baby and I know I will miss her. I can't stand to see her suffer. Yet I don't want to play God. Thank you all.
I feel your pain,I had to put Amy,Dutchess,Sadie,Gretchen,Max to sleep. Their pain was so great but I knew I had to do it and waiting for them to go in their sleep, was too painful for them to go through ,and too painful for me to watch. Buster ,Buffy and Rosie went in their sleep,but that's so rare.
I know it's hard,but it's the ultimate act of love,truly,to release them from a failing body,to free their spirit,so they can watch over us ,free of pain.
I will keep you in my thouts,I know how hard it is.:sorry::crying:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I will be saying prayers for you and your little girl, in your heart you already know what to do, but remember she will not be alone, all our little furbabies that have already gone to the bridge will be there to guide the way and make it a happy day for her and many years more without pain. She will always be there in your heart and she will be there for you later in life, I always tell my little ones when they are about to leave, Til we meet again.
Hugs for the both of you.
Lucy

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
I'm praying for you and especially for your Yorkie. Brit is right, it's all about what is best for her now. I pray you find the strength to do what I think you know is best for her. God love her and may He give you strength.
I'm so sorry.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.