Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I think that if someone turns a pet over to a kill shelter, they should be banned from ever having pets again. Maybe a little extreme, but when you take a baby, you take responsibility. You can't just give your human kids up, so why can we just give our furbabies up? I wish I were closer to Texas, and I would go and get him. Then hubby and I could have a really long discussion when he got home from work and found another furbaby running around our already chaotic house!!!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
This breaks my heart. I can't understand why someone would place him at a Kill Shelter. I wish I were close enough to save him. My prayers are with him, maybe someone will have a heart and take the little guy home.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I contacted Angela from the Canton Animal Shelter. There are several people interested in Bobby, and she's certain he will be adopted soon. Bobby's mother is also in the shelter. She's more concerned about her. She is only around two years old. She is afraid of people and takes time to warm up. I sure hope someone finds it their heart to adopt them both.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by 3Maltmom@Aug 24 2005, 10:37 AM
I contacted Angela from the Canton Animal Shelter.  There are several people interested in Bobby, and she's certain he will be adopted soon.  Bobby's mother is also in the shelter.  She's more concerned about her.  She is only around two years old.  She is afraid of people and takes time to warm up.  I sure hope someone finds it their heart to adopt them both.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93643
[/QUOTE]
I think thisi s the mom: Cindy Sue

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
So, it sounds like the person breed this poor baby and then was done with her and the offspring...make a person want to vomit.

I pray that someone will find her in time. With a person who had so little regard for her it is no wonder she is afraid to warm up to people...who knows what evil she has seen.

Breaks my heart - I wish I could save her.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
This kills me! I cant see how anyone could just drop a dog off at a kill shelter. I dont even see why there are kill shelters. I know there are an overpopulation of dogs and all, but that is why owners should be more responsible. I cant even see how someone could give up a sweet innocent dog to any kind of shelter, but people just drop there kids off and leave them too at birth. The world is full of stupid people. I sure hope both mom and son get good homes soon.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by RexsMom@Aug 24 2005, 10:56 AM
This kills me!  I cant see how anyone could just drop a dog off at a kill shelter.  I dont even see why there are kill shelters.  I know there are an overpopulation of dogs and all, but that is why owners should be more responsible.  I cant even see how someone could give up a sweet innocent dog to any kind of shelter, but people just drop there kids off and leave them too at birth.  The world is full of stupid people.  I sure hope both mom and son get good homes soon.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93648
[/QUOTE]
Last night I was watching Animal Prescinct on Animal Planet. There was this story about 2 ladies in NYC that breed their dog. Supposedly the mom dog decided not to feed the 13 puppies when they were a few days old. The owners could afford to take care of the puppies so they throw them in their garbage can.
Their neighbor heard a noise from the garbage can that night and opened it. They only saw 2 of the puppies and took them inside with them. They called the cops the next day and they found 11 more in the garbage can. Three were already dead. The owners didn't think there was wrong with throwing the puppies away. After 2 weeks there were only 2 puppies left (total of 11 had died).

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
can't the shelter at least give the Mom a bath before posting the picture so she looks more presentable. You would think they would do everything to get someone to adopt her. Gee. At least rince her off. Poor thing. They should have locked up that person.
I pray she finds a home and the puppy too.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Aug 24 2005, 11:01 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RexsMom
@Aug 24 2005, 10:56 AM
This kills me!  I cant see how anyone could just drop a dog off at a kill shelter.  I dont even see why there are kill shelters.  I know there are an overpopulation of dogs and all, but that is why owners should be more responsible.  I cant even see how someone could give up a sweet innocent dog to any kind of shelter, but people just drop there kids off and leave them too at birth.  The world is full of stupid people.  I sure hope both mom and son get good homes soon.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93648
Last night I was watching Animal Prescinct on Animal Planet. There was this story about 2 ladies in NYC that breed their dog. Supposedly the mom dog decided not to feed the 13 puppies when they were a few days old. The owners could afford to take care of the puppies so they throw them in their garbage can.
Their neighbor heard a noise from the garbage can that night and opened it. They only saw 2 of the puppies and took them inside with them. They called the cops the next day and they found 11 more in the garbage can. Three were already dead. The owners didn't think there was wrong with throwing the puppies away. After 2 weeks there were only 2 puppies left (total of 11 had died).
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93649
[/B][/QUOTE]
Don't you just want to knock these people over the head? How would they like to be put in a garbage can, they should be you know! They didnt think anything was wrong with it....again...the world is so full of stupid people!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I hope the mom and the baby get adopted soon

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I was just looking at those two sweet angels before I came to this site. I always check to see if any new malts are posted on petfinder. I agree that Cindy Sue should have been cleaned up before being posted. It does say that she has now been made more presentable, so why don't they put up a new pic? Aren't there some maltese rescue groups in Texas?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Oh how I wish I could take both of these babies! As it is I can't even afford my OWN medical expenses right now and it looks as though those two might have some problems down the road.

Canton is home of the big flea market where puppymill puppies are sold, along with other stuff. So, it doesn't surprise me that the shelter there is a kill shelter because they probably get sooo many dogs in that were owner surrendered.

My heart breaks to see those sweeties in that place and in that condition when I know love and medical care and PurePaws shampoo could make them gorgeous and healthy and happy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts