Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I took this little girl with us to find her a forever home. She is about a year old and we are her 4rh home. She a husky mix. She is full of energy, loves to run and play alot.

This is her story:

About 3-4 months ago,my hubby's customers ask him if he knew someone who would want a dog otherwise they were going to send her back to the shelter (this owner had her for a year only) they just had a baby and had not time for her (Brenda) (I hate people like this
...dogs are not toys or furniture that can be toss around when they are not convinient)

My husband (Alfredo) like her and remember his parent were looking for a dog so he talk to his parent and they say ok, little did they knew she needed alot of attention and play time. Brenda destroyed their backyard and somehow! <_< she escape my in-laws house. and to ne honest they dint want her anymore she was too much for them.

This past Saturday the animal shelter call us to tell us she was there. We couldnt live her there and we took her with us to our apartmnet, which by the way we are been force to leave due to lots of complaints from the neighboors about Daezie and Maya (too much barking) So our leasing office told me to get rid of my dogs....I told them that I wanst and it was better to let us go. We werent too happy there anyways. So we will be moving with a friend of ours who needs a roomate to help him pay for his mortage- and that will help us to start saving for a house, which here in the BAY AREA will takes us decades to buy

I don't want to give her to the animal shelter because they do PTS dogs in our area. The only option is the San Francisco SPCA which will be my last resourt(sp?) and they dont PTS dogs.

But luckily today I called my vet to take Brenda for a full physical and to update her vaccs and the receptionist mention that the guy/business next door was looking for a dog, he lives with his fam and has a big house in the Santa Cruz mountain with a BIG yard just what Brenda needs. We are going to meet him this TH at the vets office.

I really hope he is it. Brenda deserves to be happy and to be LOVED

Please keep Brenday in your prayers she is such a good girl and so beautiful.

Here are some pictures of her.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Bless you for being so diligent in finding Brenda a home. May you also find a home soon.
My brother-in-law moved from Dallas to Palo Alto and what a shock when they tried to move out of their apartment and buy a home. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that totally sucks about brenda. was she an outside dog? i totally hate families that ignore their dogs after having a baby. i remember watching Animal Precinct and there was a couple that got a dog, and week or two later--returned the dog cuz they found out she (the lady) was pregnant. UGH!!!

anyway, tells us what happens with brenda!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for your positive energy.

Yes, Brenda has been an out side dog. The first owner after they got her from the animal shelter had her tide up to a tree or something in the back yard.

I take her to the doggie park at 6am for like an hour then after work around 6pm again for like 2 hrs. Everyone loves her, she has a great personality. she has not destroyed anything at my apartment, she's been such a goo girl.

I don't know why the picture is not showing up. I have her picture in my hard drive (but i cant 'browse' to inser the picture and also at yahoo photos but everytimes I tried the IMG to insert my yahoo phot address the picture it wont take it. I feel so dumb :wacko:
Can someone tell me how to do it? Please!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sorry, i dont know that much about computers. maybe make a dogster page for brenda. thats easy and fast.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Doctorcathy. That's a good idea.... :D

I will let you know when her webpage is up....

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
awesome, i cant wait. i keep checking this site every 2 minutes. Lol.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
939 Posts
Brenda is a very sweet looking dog! Such a pretty face. Thank you for being such a wonderful dog lover and taking her in and helping her to find a new home. That takes alot of patience, love and caring on your part.

Judi

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
awww, thats cute. so is she shaved? im thinking about shaving gruffi---he sheds like crazy!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank so much, everyone. I will let you know what happens on Friday.

doctorcathy, Brenda is not shaved. and she does sheds like crazy too.

Some one told me that dogs with this type of fur sheds a lot more 2xper year that normally...I dont know if its true or not! <_<

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i know what you mean about the shedding. gruffi sheds like crazy all year round. im thinking that im going to have to bathe him once a week or every two weeks so there's not soo much fur. lol.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So... They guy meet me at the vet today. He ask if he could take Brenda to his home to meet his family and I agree. he will let me know tomorrow what they have decide. I honestly didnt know it was going to be this hard to let het go. i only had her for 5 days and I already miss her so much. She cried when he (his name is Eric) took her away from me. and I just gave her a kiss and told her to be a good girl. I wont find out until tomorrow but I can't stop crying it hurst me so much to let her go and knowing that since she was born she's been through so many different people. and no one could giver the love that she so much wants.
I know I should be happy for her. The ladies at the vet office say from what they know about Eric, who is an business owner and has a dog who is pretty old 12-14 years old, he has adopted 2 cats from one of the girl that works there. They said, and he confirmed, he has a pretty big land and he called it "doggie heaven" specially for Brenda who needs a big place to play.

I miss you so much 'sweet Brenda'

1 - 20 of 29 Posts