Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to bring Ponyo into the vet this morning. Yesterday when we woke up I noticed a LOT of clear fluid draining from her ear. Along with the drainage she has been shaking and scratching her ears a lot! So we brought her in today and the doc said she has a very nasty bacteria infection. MY poor baby got a shot of antibiotics, a perscription of antibiotics and ear drops. She is sleeping away now and hopefully will be able to get some good rest once the meds kick in fully!
Please send her some good vibes, I need my little baby well! I hate to see her in pain!
(BTW she weighed in at 2.2 lbs today! A month ago she was 1.6!!!) :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Poor little Ponyo. I hope she gets better fast. Sleep is a good thing so she won't be scratching. Do you know if she got water in her ear somehow? Congrats on the weight gain.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
:grouphug: Sorry to hear she isn't feeling well. Hope she begins to feel better. :grouphug:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
AWWWW, poor little Ponyo...I hope she feels better soon. How do they get those ear infections? Did the Vet say? I always worry about getting water in Rocky's ears...and dry them with a blow dryer on very low.

Rocky sends puppy kisses to Ponyo!!!:wub::wub::wub:

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
Poor sweetie!

"Ponyo - dis is Tessa. I knows wut's it's like to feew wousy. Git well soon!"

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Hope this clears up quickly. I hate it when the "kids" aren't feeling well.

and she's so tiny.....now I'm worried. Keep us posted...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Poor boo boo. I get a lot of ear infections myself and they are very painful at times. My doc always recommended a warm compress on the ear, perhaps that might help poor Ponyo? :-(

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
poor baby !!! i hope she feels better real soon , and thats great shes gaining weight .!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sO SORRY WE HAVE BEEN mia EVERYONE! Thank you for all the get well wishes! It really means alot to us!
Ponyo is doing better! NO more shaking or scratching! Thank god!
She looks SO much healthier! So bright eyed and energetic!
Thank you again for the kind words!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts