Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i know this has been posted before but dixies breath has just started smelling quite badly. she's nearly 6 months and it is probably the teething stage.

just wondering what can i do to get rid? find it hard brushing them and was wondering if theres an easier way?
can't find greenies anywhere! you can get a herbal seafood granules that you put on your dogs food and it works from inside out called PLAQUE OFF

any suggestions?
thanks

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I have a hard time brushing the boys teeth,but someone suggested on here to ..put the paste on the brush then freeze for awhile. Then give it to them to chew on .Works great!!! Be sure you keep an eye on them so they dont chew it up or brissles come off.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I think I am the one who posted about the frozen toothbrush. It works great. Lacey brushes her own teeth. You just have to watch and make sure you buy a new one when needed. I buy the baby toothbrush at the local discount store. Lacey was at the vet last Friday and the vet said she had beautiful teeth and she has suggested to her patients about freezing the toothbrush with the toothpaste on it. Lacey also chews the bimble bones. She is so cute because right now she is chewing on the one for the large dogs. She is what you would call an aggressive chewing. She can chew the one for toydogs in a day. I am hoping the large one will last a few daays. They can be pricey. Petco is having a sale on them right now so I will go tomorrow and buy several for her while they are on sale. When Lacey was teething she also had bad breath. Doesn't last long. Now that she is one when she has bad breath I know that she has an ear infection.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Mar 6 2005, 12:23 PM
I think I am the one who posted about the frozen toothbrush.  It works great.  Lacey brushes her own teeth.  You just have to watch and make sure you buy a new one when needed.  I buy the baby toothbrush at the local discount store.  Lacey was at the vet last Friday and the vet said she had beautiful teeth and she has suggested to her patients about freezing the toothbrush with the toothpaste on it.  Lacey also chews the bimble bones.  She is so cute because right now she is chewing on the one for the large dogs.  She is what you would call an aggressive chewing.  She can chew the one for toydogs in a day.  I am hoping the large one will last a few daays.  They can be pricey.  Petco is having a sale on them right now so I will go tomorrow and buy several for her while they are on sale.  When Lacey was teething she also had bad breath.  Doesn't last long.  Now that she is one when she has bad breath I know that she has an ear infection.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40447
[/QUOTE]
Thank You for the idea

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
before you give up all hope of ever brushing your baby's teeth.. how are you going about this? I always do it in the morning when Kodie is 1/2 asleep and I always lay him on his back on my legs... i talk him through it too. Giving them a treat afterwards always helps! Just a suggestion...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi, great will try the frozen toothbrush!

can i get them greenies shipped to england do you think?

We are going to the vets tommorrow anyway because she has afew different symptoms as well as sudden bad breath so getting her checked out. also to discuss spaying.

thanks guys

·
Registered
422 Posts
Originally posted by beccypaul@Mar 6 2005, 09:45 AM
hi, i know this has been posted before but dixies breath has just started smelling quite badly.  she's nearly 6 months and it is probably the teething stage. 

just wondering what can i do to get rid? find it hard brushing them and was wondering if theres an easier way?
can't find greenies anywhere!  you can get a herbal seafood granules that you put on your dogs food and it works from inside out called PLAQUE OFF

any suggestions?
thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40435
[/QUOTE]

Zoey gets a Yip Yap after grooming for the day. They have herbs, etc that sweeten her breath. They come in tins and are sold at Petsmart. Also at Bed Bath and Beyond! (and cheaper there)
Ann

1 - 9 of 9 Posts