Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Tobi is just over a year old now, and we had originally paper trained him, however he tended to use elsewhere in the room (I think he urinates out of separation anxiety at times), so we have moved training to outside, and I crate him when I can't watch him. So far, so good.

I had bought a poochie bell ages ago, and initially he was scared of it, but I left it on the back door and with time he is no longer adverse to it.
Everytime I was bringing him outside to go, I'd ring the bell saying "outside", and he quickly picked up that if he wants to go outside...he rings the bell.

My issue is that he rings the bell every flipping 5 mins!!! ;-D
I don't leave him in the back unsupervised ever, as he tends to eat cat poo if I haven't spotted it and removed (GROSS), and I worry about him being stolen.

Is there a way of training him only to ring when he wants to potty? Probably not but I'm asking anyways.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh!! I will give this a try, thank you! :)
He is so funny. I ignored him ringing the bell because he had JUST been out and gone, so he absolutely whacks it - the entire thing came crashing down on the floor.

It is a great invention though...works a treat!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh tobi is a little tyke. He will drink a load of water, go ring the bell and squeeze the teeniest amount out, just to get his piece of chicken ;)

He used to do that on the potty pad when we were training him too. I found it cute then...not so much with the outside when its wet (like today)

Will keep at it! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.