Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 19 2004, 07:12 AM
One thing I always make sure to make clear to the groomers is that they will never see a single won if they dare to that to my babies' feet.  They can shave all they want on the BOTTOM...and I encourage that....and even do it myself between groomings.  BUT....I like giant fluffy feet trimmed in such a way that you can hardly tell that there are any feet....looks like just four very long legs, or like they are standing on their tippy toes.  Now THAT'S cute.  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17149
[/QUOTE]

I like the fluffy feet too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
Oh my gosh, she is sooooo cute!! I love the picture of her with her feet kicked out behind her! The poodle feet remind me of a guinea pig or hamster.. in a cute way of course!


My sister doesn't like having her dog's feet hair trimmed on top either.. I call them his "Grinch" feet because the hair is so long on top! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
I like fluffy feet too but the poodle feet suits jong-ee well. At least you don't have to trim it yourself for a long time! She looks so naked in the 2nd picture! Do you use any gel for her top knots? There's absolutely no way I can keep those hair clips on Noriko's hair. It just slides off.

Cloud's going to the groomers tomorrow. It's a new groomer but she seems alright. *crossing fingers* I am armed with a long list for her.

I'm going to groom Noriko myself. Her hair is so curly that you cant see any mistakes.
I wish Noriko's hair wasn't so freakin curly. But, I'm going to petsmart so I'm going to watch them like a hawk. I love how my current groomer cuts Cloud's hair(as you can see in the profile) but I don't get to see her do it so thats why I'm trying another groomer. This is a one time thing since my current groomer is much closer and the cost is the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 19 2004, 11:57 AM
I like fluffy feet too but the poodle feet suits jong-ee well.  At least you don't have to trim it yourself for a long time!  She looks so naked in the 2nd picture!  Do you use any gel for her top knots?  There's absolutely no way I can keep those hair clips on Noriko's hair.  It just slides off.

Cloud's going to the groomers tomorrow.  It's a new groomer but she seems alright.  *crossing fingers*  I am armed with a long list for her. 

I'm going to groom Noriko myself.  Her hair is so curly that you cant see any mistakes. 
I wish Noriko's hair wasn't so freakin curly.  But, I'm going to petsmart so I'm going to watch them like a hawk.  I love how my current groomer cuts Cloud's hair(as you can see in the profile) but I don't get to see her do it so thats why I'm trying another groomer.  This is a one time thing since my current groomer is much closer and the cost is the same.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17203
[/QUOTE]


I can't see Mee's pictures for some reason on my work computer. I will have to look when I get home. I am taking Brinkley to a new groomer today too. I am looking forward to it. I have a few pictures. I am mostly wanting to watch her do his face. I have let his hair go and he is really looking scraggly!!! I am not real fond of his hair consistency on his body when it is long...maybe it is still puppy hair or something. I am going to cut it to about 1 1/2 " or so and fluffy face and ears/tail...I want hair on the legs too...although anything on Jongee would look cute...I am anxious to see those pictures!
Anyway, I will cross my fingers for Cloud and Brinkley! Will post pictures this evening when we get home!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
I've been letting Lexi's hair grow. It is about 3-3.5" long now and looks really cute. She is very puffy. Problem is that it is starting to matt pretty bad. So I think after Thanksgiving she will be getting a haircut. It is just so much easier to care for when it is short. Plus I have coats and sweaters for her to wear this winter but she get matted when she wears them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 19 2004, 11:57 AM
Do you use any gel for her top knots?  There's absolutely no way I can keep those hair clips on Noriko's hair.  It just slides off.
nope, i dont use any gel..i use a really tight rubberband, and then put a clip on top of the band for extra strength, so it never slides off..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Hi Mee, where did you get those small clips that are in the first photo? I'm going to try to put Catcher's hair back up in top knot when the brow area grows back out. The groomer said she tried to put a barrette of some kind in but he kept knocking it out. Those little round clips look neat and look like they'd stay in. I'd hate for him to get it out and start chewing on it! Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom@Nov 19 2004, 05:39 PM
Hi Mee, where did you get those small clips that are in the first photo? I'm going to try to put Catcher's hair back up in top knot when the brow area grows back out. The groomer said she tried to put a barrette of some kind in but he kept knocking it out. Those little round clips look neat and look like they'd stay in. I'd hate for him to get it out and start chewing on it!  Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17293
[/QUOTE]

I got some clips like that at WalMart in the hair product section. I also found tiny hair bands, too. I can't wait until Coco's hair starts to grow a little so i can do topknots. Her hair on her haid is already fluffy and hanging in her eyes a little. Almost time for the bands!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom@Nov 19 2004, 05:39 PM
Hi Mee, where did you get those small clips that are in the first photo? I'm going to try to put Catcher's hair back up in top knot when the brow area grows back out. The groomer said she tried to put a barrette of some kind in but he kept knocking it out. Those little round clips look neat and look like they'd stay in. I'd hate for him to get it out and start chewing on it!  Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17293
[/QUOTE]

hi K/C mommy

i got them from Target..go to the hair section where they sell hair clips and hair stuff for kids

u get like about 10 clips in different colors for 2 clips..(did that make sense??)

and its human clips for 0-3 year olds? i think..for very young babies..they are tiny too just the right size for maltese

and also, i put in tight rubber bands, and then put the clips on top of it, so u might want to buy the rubber bands too.. u can also get it from target, for young babies, and the colors are all in flurensent (sp) and have about 100 in them.... so its fun to match the rubberband colors with the clips..most of the time i use complementary colors so it looks better..ahaha

i hope ur target sells them...
they are really cheap, like 3-4 dollars..but then be careful for the clips..i lost a few, and jongee liked to chew on them when i first got them..she doesnt anymore but just becareful..



they work great !! very tight!! (but not "hurting" tight) and very strong and they dont come off..

good luck !
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I can't get with the poodle feet...I don't even want to see the tip of the nails. But...the fluffy feet thing can go too far. Afew months ago I fostered Brutus, who was 10 month old. The little guy sported a Mohawk..that ran along is back, the rest of the back having been shaved close and the legs had ben shaved part way down but toward the bottom allll the hair was left. The dog looked like he was wearing bell bottoms. When I picked him up from the owner she told me they were considering dying the feet and the mohawk pale green. Oh my gosh!. I took some before pics, took him to the groomer and had the hairdo fixed. i do hear from his new family and they send pics and now he has longish hair and it has grown in nice and even.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by vita@Nov 19 2004, 05:23 PM
I can't get with the poodle feet...I don't even want to see the tip of the nails. But...the fluffy feet thing can go too far. Afew months ago I fostered Brutus, who was 10 month old. The little guy sported a Mohawk..that ran along is back, the rest of the back having been shaved close and the legs had ben shaved part way down but toward the bottom allll the hair was left. The dog looked like he was wearing bell bottoms. When I picked him up from the owner she told me they were considering dying the feet and the mohawk pale green. Oh my gosh!. I took some before pics, took him to the groomer and had the hairdo fixed.  i do hear from his new family and they send pics and now he has longish hair and it has grown in nice and even.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17314
[/QUOTE]

Oh, my god! Talk about bad haircut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,741 Posts
i think she looks amazing! i like fluff feet and poodle feet, depends on my mood
all the boys will be saying:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Nov 19 2004, 06:12 PM
hi K/C mommy

i got them from Target..go to the hair section where they sell hair clips and hair stuff for kids

u get like about 10 clips in different colors for 2 clips..(did that make sense??)

and its human clips for 0-3 year olds? i think..for very young babies..they are tiny too just the right size for maltese

and also, i put in tight rubber bands, and then put the clips on top of it, so u might want to buy the rubber bands too.. u can also get it from target, for young babies, and the colors are all in flurensent (sp) and have about 100 in them.... so its fun to match the rubberband colors with the clips..most of the time i use complementary colors so it looks better..ahaha

i hope ur target sells them...
they are really cheap, like 3-4 dollars..but then be careful for the clips..i lost a few, and jongee liked to chew on them when i first got them..she doesnt anymore but just becareful..



they work great !! very tight!! (but not "hurting" tight) and very strong and they dont come off..

good luck !
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17307
[/QUOTE]

Hi Mee, thanks so much for the info. I have a Target nearby and go there a lot. I can't wait to go and shop for the clips... thanks again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
I can see the pictures now from my home computer. Jongee is BEAUTIFUL! However, I don't care for the poodle feet myself...
Poor thing did look naked in the lion cut...they really scalped her! :eek: Did you mean for her to be that short? I wanna get her a shirt to cover up


We are back from the new groomer...she clipped Brinkley wonderfully!!!!!!!!
He looks scalped to me b/c I was letting his hair grow out...and I had her trim his body hair back short again. But he really looks cute!
I will post a picture after bath and fluffing back up! She just clipped him...no bath etc. She only charged me $15.00!
I was so thrilled!!!!!!!!!
I gave her 20...(is that a good tip?!)
She was very kind and patient and let me watch too...even gave me tips on what kind of electric shaver to purchase (pro-kind) and the size blades. I told her we would be back every few months for a GOOD grooming...mommy can do it in-between times.


Anyway, off to the bath! We will post a pic when we are CLEAN and beautified!!!!!!
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top