Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday IzzyBella turned around after pooping on her pee pad and tried to eat it (or put it in her mouth). I read somewhere that there is something you can put on her food but I can't find where that subject was. She hasn't done it today because when we see her start to go we run with a tissue in hand.

Why would a dog do this? Did your dog ever do it? How did you deal with it?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You can go to you pet store to buy Deter. You can also give them sweet potato or pineapple or sprinkle some meat tenderizer on/with their food. That should make them not want to eat the poop. There is a possibility it wont work.
I only know this because I asked people on here before!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker only ate cat poop..but he grew out of that. i heard deter works...they sell it at petstores:

they might just look like fun toys for now heheh...they usually grow out of it.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I really didnt try any of those! AHAHAH. What I did was watch them like a hawk and disipline them everytime I see them trying to pick it up with their mouth.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knock on wood, she hasn't done it in two days. As soon as she goes poo, we swoosh a tissue in her face when she turns to sniff it and then we'd scoop it up. The last two mornings, there was poo still on her pee pad which thankfully hadn't been mistaken for filet mignon.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I find it completely disgusting. Luckily, all my four kids will run as far as possible from poop. But one of my good friends has a poop eating girl. She is almost a year now and she is still struggling. She has put all sort of things in the food but that doesn't stop Mini from eating her poop!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I never had that problem. Thank goodness. But as soon Alex poops we are there to pick up the poop and flush it down the toilet. I even think that sometimes he comes up to us just to tell us Hey I pooped go pick it up and flush it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
the only problem I have with Chelsey and poo , is I can 't get her to do tit outside.
She will pee in side on wee wee pad, and go out side if we leave her out for 15 min...
but she will poop in here create. I can't get her to stop . Even if we leave her out for 25 min... playing. she will pee and then pop in here cate... I tell her now and she still does it.. She will poo on the wizdog too.. just not outside
any ideas would be welcomed.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy's had this problem
so I've posted about it a couple of times.. He doesn't do it much anymore.. now he's just moving it off the pee pad and onto the carpet. Ugh!

Originally posted by Mystify79@Nov 15 2004, 07:52 PM
I've battled the poop eating habit with Tuffy for a while now and let me tell you.. I've tried it all.  I've given him sweet potatoes, pineapple, meat tenderizer, papaya and a chewable pill called Deter.  None have any bad side effects but they haven't worked for him either.  With the pineapple I gave him some pineapple baby food and some freeze dried pineapple pieces.. he loves them but it never stopped him from eating poop.  I had a little more luck with the Deter but I didn't give it to him long enough to really test it out.  I've also heard that giving them a little bit of adult food mixed with their puppy food can help to keep them from eating poop, but I've not tried that one. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16520
[/QUOTE]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts