Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audrey went to a new groomer today and her face is cut very strangely.
We really don't like it, can anyone think of anyway to repare it or will we just make it worse if we cut more. I was thinking about trimming down some of the hair right in front of her ears if you can see what I mean on the pics:
Any advice?? Thanks!!





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,413 Posts
I don't have any advice, I just wanted to say I think it is amazing that no matter what the hair looks like, all these babies look wonderful, beautiful, AMAZING! But what can you say when you are owned by a Maltese...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,621 Posts
I think she looks adorable! If you really don't like it....look on the bright side....it will grow back..... But still, I think she looks cute!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,036 Posts
Nothing like a bad hair day huh baby Audrey girl? She is so adorable even a bad haircut is cute. I can see the long hairs in front of her ears and I think it would look more proportioned is they were layered a little. Do you know how to do that? If not here is what you do. Comb the hair straight out and hold between your first and middle finger like the hairstylist does in the beauty shop. Then look at the very bottom. The hair there will appear shorter because it isn't reaching as far to the bottom length. (That probably doesn't make sense but that is why any way.) Now take your scissors and cut the hair straight from the bottom upwards in a straight line. When the hair falls it will be layered. If that is a big chunk of hair you might have to do this in a couple of sections. If that is the case when you part the first section make the cut, then when you part the second section make sure you get a little of the first section in with that second section. Then use the hair from the first section as a guide to cut the second section. If you need the top part a lot shorter than the bottom then angle the hair more upwards from the part (like about a 45 degree angle instead of just straight out.) I hope this makes sense. If not let me know and I will try again or send me a PM or email.

Whether you decide to trim again or not she is still adorable.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
I agree that something is not quite right.. I think the hair in front of the ears is supposed to be the same length as the ears. You might want to try cutting it, as you mentioned.... OR you could take her back to the groomer and ask her about it and maybe stay while she trims it up a bit. Good luck!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Sep 13 2005, 06:18 PM
Nothing like a bad hair day huh baby Audrey girl? She is so adorable even a bad haircut is cute. I can see the long hairs in front of her ears and I think it would look more proportioned is they were layered a little. Do you know how to do that? If not here is what you do. Comb the hair straight out and hold between your first and middle finger like the hairstylist does in the beauty shop. Then look at the very bottom. The hair there will appear shorter because it isn't reaching as far to the bottom length. (That probably doesn't make sense but that is why any way.) Now take your  scissors and cut the hair straight from the bottom upwards in a straight line. When the hair falls it will be layered. If that is a big chunk of hair you might have to do this in a couple of sections. If that is the case when you part the first section make the cut, then when you part the second section make sure you get a little of the first section in with that second section. Then use the hair from the first section as a guide to cut the second section.  If you need the top part a lot shorter than the bottom then angle the hair more upwards from the part (like about a 45 degree angle instead of just straight out.) I hope this makes sense. If not let me know and I will try again or send me a PM or email.

Whether you decide to trim again or not she is still adorable.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99344
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the directions - I may give it a go, or I may just take her to Petsmart or somewhere on Friday and see if they can even things out a bit.
It's really quite bad and does look much worse in person, poor munchkin!! Does anyone know how long it takes for hair to grow back a couple of inches?

Thanks for the words of support!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,036 Posts
Their hair grows about the same as humans...about 1/2 a month. Some a little faster. I think once you get over the initial shock it won't seem so bad to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Were they intending for that longer hair to be put up in her top-knot?

It doesn't look terrible, but kinda strange just hanging there like an extra set of ears.
She is gorgeous regardless.

Surely another groomer could fix it up for you if you are not comfortable with trimming it.
Big kisses to her. She is SO cute!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,010 Posts
I've said it before, but I'll say it again... little Audrey is one of the sweetest looking maltese!
And this just proves it ~ even with a bad haircut, she is adorable!

What length are you keeping her body? Did the groomer do a good job on that part for you? Post a new picture after you get her trimmed and even-uped!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
I think it looks cute, but if your not comfortable with it. You can just trim the part that is longer to match the ears.

Love the bow as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
Originally posted by Vikki and Audrey@Sep 13 2005, 04:05 PM
Audrey went to a new groomer today and her face is cut very strangely. 
  We really don't like it, can anyone think of anyway to repare it or will we just make it worse if we cut more. I was thinking about trimming down some of the hair right in front of her ears if you can see what I mean on the pics:
Any advice?? Thanks!!






<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99336
[/QUOTE]
OMG don't you just hate that My Laso Christy had her face cut like this before makes me so bad I ask for the teddy bear face and get yugo bears :lol: anyway Aubrey is too cute even with a short face its really not that bad I think we're all just so picky when it comes to these little furbabies. Its like my skin kids I hated anyone to mess up on their hair would watch like a hawk when someone was cutting their hair :lol: I know I'm a
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
Originally posted by Abbey@Sep 14 2005, 05:15 AM
I've said it before, but I'll say it again... little Audrey is one of the sweetest looking maltese!
And this just proves it ~ even with a bad haircut, she is adorable!

What length are you keeping her body?  Did the groomer do a good job on that part for you?  Post a new picture after you get her trimmed and even-uped!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99475
[/QUOTE]
Abbey looks too cute in your avatar
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,010 Posts
Originally posted by Theresa+Sep 14 2005, 09:37 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Abbey
@Sep 14 2005, 05:15 AM
I've said it before, but I'll say it again... little Audrey is one of the sweetest looking maltese!
And this just proves it ~ even with a bad haircut, she is adorable!

What length are you keeping her body?  Did the groomer do a good job on that part for you?  Post a new picture after you get her trimmed and even-uped!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99475
Abbey looks too cute in your avatar
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99510
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you! That photo was after about 2 months after Abbey went to her first groomer ~ she shaved Abbey's muzzle and she looked like a poodle
(nothing against poodles - just didn't look right on a maltese). Needless to say we never went back to that groomer!
I took this photo to her new groomer but she never ends up coming back like that - I think she may be afraid to trim her too much 'cause I said NO Clippers! So, don't worry Vicki - it does grow back fast, but I definately can relate to how you feel!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,856 Posts
She's absolutely adorable!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
She is just adorable. I agree that maybe they left if longer cause they
thought you were going to put it in the top knot too or maybe incase you did
a double top knot? I don't know anything


Isn't that also more of a shitzhu (sorry about spelling) cut?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top