Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. here's the deal.

I received a phone call on my cell phone tonight. I answered the phone, and the conversation goes like this:

Me: Hello?
Female voice: Hey, you told me to call, and I said said I would sometime, so here I am.
Me: Do what?
Female voice: Who is this?
Me: Who are you calling
Female voice: Hello???
Me: Yes
Female: umm, who is this?
Me: Well, who is this?
Female: Well, I have to know who I'm speaking to before I'll tell you who I am
Me: Well, I'm uh (brief pause here) Troy!
Female: Oh, OK! Is Justin there?
Me: Uh, No, Justin left a little bit ago with some girl!!!!
Female: (in a crying kind of shaking voice) "Oh, OK, Bye then! (hangs up hard)

Of course the call was a wrong number.

Now, I'm feeling guilty because Justin is probably going to either get broke up with or divorced, and my wife won't give me any advice. I'm feeling somewhat guilty. I've got the number on my caller ID. Should I call her back and tell her what happened or should I just leave it alone?

Reckon someone on here would call her for me??? LOL I'll give you her number.

I did a reverse search on www.whitepages.com and found the name the phone is in. It's from OHIO.

All advice is greatly appreciated. Please don't think bad of me.... i thought it was funny at first, but now I'm really feeling bad about it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK! I called the number back. Here's the phone conversation:

Female: Hello?
Me: Yes, Who is this?
Female Aerial
Me: Hi Aerial! You called my number a minute ago and asked for Justin, and I told you that he had left with another woman. Well, I thought I'd better call you back and let you know that you'd called the wrong number.
Female: (In a RELIEVED voice) Oh thank God! I'm so sorry that I bothered you though.
Me: Oh, don't be sorry! It's OK, really. I'm sorry that I told you that. It's just that we get LOTS of "wrong number" calls on our cell phone, and after awhile you kind of get tired of the same ole thing. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't had it for very long, but I've had the same cell phone number for 5 yrs.
Female: Oh, it's ok really.
Me: So, if you want to tell me who you're trying to call, I'd be glad to look his number up either on the internet or in the phone book.
Female: Well, I don't know his last name. All I know is that he is living somewhere in KY.
Me: Oh, ok. Well, tell me the number you meant to call.
Female: Well, it's your number
Me: Well, maybe you misdialed it.
Female: Maybe. I meant to call 270-849-4574
Me: Well, that's my number! I told my wife that I was feeling guilty about what I told you and I felt like I needed to call you back. It was a funny prank on my end, but I could only imagine how devasting it might have been for you.
Female: Yeah, I'd decided that I wasn't going to speak to that creep ever again!!!
Me: Well, it's ok
Female: Yeah, well, I'm still going to kill him. He's all time giving me the wrong number. JERK. I met him online sometime ago, and we've been dating every since. Now, he's moved to KY.
Me: Oh, OK! So, how old is Justin
Female: 17
Me: Did you say 13?
Female: No, I said 17, maybe he's 15, I don't know. But I'm still going to kill him!
Me: Well, do it humanely and clean the mess up afterward
Female: (laughing) well, Ok! But, thanks for calling me back. It really meant a lot to me
Me: Ok, have a nice night, and Happy Holidays.... Bye!
Female: Ok, you too, Bye Bye!

end of conversation

Now, I feel better, but had I of known that it was 2 teenagers, who probably have never met let alone went out on a REAL date, then I probably wouldn't have called it back. But, maybe because of me calling back, some girl will have a GREAT Christmas instead of one moping over a lost "boyfriend".

Ahhhhhhhh......HONESTY!!! the BEST policy

Thanks Kallie/Katcher's Mom! Because of your advice, I called her back!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never did understand men and their sense of humor
[/B]

Oh me! I hope that no one here thinks bad of me. I think I've got LOTS of friends here and I would never do anything on purpose to make anyone mad. I just guess I spoke before I thought. But it was still kind of funny, especially now that it ended the way it did

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
OK! I called the number back. Here's the phone conversation:

Now, I feel better, but had I of known that it was 2 teenagers, who probably have never met let alone went out on a REAL date, then I probably wouldn't have called it back. But, maybe because of me calling back, some girl will have a GREAT Christmas instead of one moping over a lost "boyfriend".

Ahhhhhhhh......HONESTY!!! the BEST policy

Thanks Kallie/Katcher's Mom! Because of your advice, I called her back!
[/B]
Thanks for the update. You did the right thing by calling her... good job!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
boy i'll never accidentally call YOU again! LOLOLOL just kidding, it really wasnt me!

good idea to call her back. me, i dont know if i would have the nerve, LOL, especially when i'm already bitter and cranky because i didnt get today off of work.... LOLOLOL

ann marie and the "hahahahha i know who I'M pranking from now on when mommy is gone!" buttercup

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
[/B]

Oh me! I hope that no one here thinks bad of me. I think I've got LOTS of friends here and I would never do anything on purpose to make anyone mad. I just guess I spoke before I thought. But it was still kind of funny, especially now that it ended the way it did
[/B]

Well..... ok you are forgiven
THIS time but I SURE HOPE YOUR WIFE GAVE YOU THE DEVIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[/B]

[/B]

Well..... ok you are forgiven
THIS time but I SURE HOPE YOUR WIFE GAVE YOU THE DEVIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/B]
are you kidding??? The reason my wife wouldn't give me any advice is because she was talking in her sleep and I didn't know that she'd fell asleep on the couch. We were sitting in the dark, her all stretched out on the couch snuggled up with our little boy, and me all stretched out on MY recliner (so comfortable it'll literally knock you out), the only light on in the living room was the Christmas tree lights, the TV, and what little bit of light was shinning from the bathroom.

Our babysitter called and asked if Traci had called her today. So, I looked over at Traci, her eyes were open, and I asked her if she'd called Andrea anytime today. She said "huh? Do what?" So I repeated the question. She says "Did I call Andrea? How am I supposed to know?"
So I told Andrea "Traci don't know if she called you today or not!!!" Andrea says "Huh?" And I said, "oh nevermind what she says, she's talking in her sleep!!!!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts